2

Jane pov...

We get to my apartment and sit down on my couch and Riley says "I am in love with you Jane, I never stopped loving you and from the day I left you all I wanted to do was kiss you"
I smile and she says "I'm sorry I should have asked before but are you in a relationship"
I say "no not anymore"
She smiles and says "do I need to go and beat up some girl"
I laugh and she says "what?"
I say "it was a guy, you were the last girl I was with"
She asks "did you want to be with any other girls"
I smile and say "there is one girl I have had my eye on but I don't think she is interested"
She says "you never know, I didn't think you were into me"
I laugh and say "you were wrong about that"
She asks "how are you not mad at me seeing that last time we spoke I broke up with you and I remember the fight that we had and all the swearing in it"
I say "I forgave you and moved forward in my life, you will always be in my heart as I first real love but I had to move on eventually"
She says "well you did and became the youngest female promoted to detective, I always knew you would do well from the day you told me you wanted to join the police"
I smile and say "yeah, what about you?"
She says "I run my own daycare so I get to look after little kids all day at work as I love kids"
I say "that hasn't changed then"
She says "no it hasn't, not much has I still live in Boston and love the Red Sox, I am still single as I would compare people I was with to you and no one has come close to you"
I laugh and say "you still seem the same person I loved and are still straight to the point and mushy as I remember"
She laughs and says "I am not mushy"
I say "don't you remember the poem
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I don't know where I was going
Jane, Jane, Jane
I love you
You are my world
I can't imagine you not with me
I want you to be the first and last thing I see each day"
She cuts me off and says "okay maybe I can be a little mushy at times but you loved that about me"
I smile and say "yeah I did"
She says "I know you have moved on and all but I would still like to be friends again and maybe try a relationship as I will never stop loving you"
I say "I think we should just be friends and we can see later on if we think we should try something more"
She nods and says "I just keep thinking back to when I kissed you, the look on those two guys were with was so funny, it looked like surprise, shock and confusion all in one"
I nod and say "yeah well we kept our relationship a secret at the time and I still kept it secret after. The two guys are my partners in the homicide unit and they have only known me to be with guys so I think they would be showing that"
She laughs and I say "so were you really at BPD looking for me"
She nods and says "yeah, I looked you up and found out that you were a detective here in Boston and I wanted to talk to you again and thought why not so I walked to BPD to see if they could tell me where to find you but I saw you first"