s e v e n t e e n

Mulai dari awal

    "Not fair!" Catalina pouted. "I was so close!" She groaned and clenched her fists.

    "Drink up, sweetie!" Daniel grabbed the vodka bottle and poured five shots into Catalina's cup. He was dancing to the music while pouring the drink and then took a swing from the bottle.

    Catalina took the drink in her hands and caught sight of Jae and Iris enter the kitchen. She chugged the drink in one go after seeing their arms intertwined. Who knew that would be motivation enough to drink five shots?

    "Jae! Wanna join us?" Daniel called out, practically yelling across the room.

    Jae shook his head but walked over with Iris. "Designated driver, remember?"

    "Testing you!" Daniel punched him on the arm lightly.

    "Mind if I join you?" Iris smiled, unhooking her arm from Jae.

    Catalina shrugged. "Sure."

    "Yeah! It would even us out!" Madeline smiled and reached over to pull Iris towards the cups. "You don't mind reusing the cups, right?"

    "I couldn't care less." Iris grinned and took the bottle, pouring the amount Madeline instructed. Daniel stood in the middle, his hands open and making sure both Iris and Madeline were at the ready. "Go!"

    Jae leaned against the island, arms crossed over his chest while Catalina moved to the music.

    Catalina leaned in. "So, how did things go with you two?"

    "What?" Jae raised an eyebrow.

    "You two!" She spoke louder. "You got together, right?" She pointed at Iris who had expertly flipped a cup.

    "...No." He scrunched his nose, not because he found Iris ugly—it's been established she was goddess-tier—but because that was far from the truth.

    "What'd ya mean?" Catalina slurred. Her cheeks flushed red and she had a hard time looking up at him. "Y'all were, uh, touchy 'n stuff."

    "How much did you drink?" He asked.

    Catalina held up four fingers. She stared at them blankly, her eyebrows furrowing. She hesitantly unfurled her thumb, making it five. Catalina smiled brilliantly. "Not much plus what they're drinking." She pawed the air frivolously. "I want more."

    "Do you wanna dance?" He asked, taking her hand. Dancing would burn some of that alcohol.

    "No! You should ask Iris! You guys look so cute together." She smiled.

    He rolled his eyes, dropping her hand. "You're drunk."

    "Not yet!"

    Someone brushed past Catalina, making her trip over herself and nearly fall to the ground, which seemed to move beneath her feet.

    Jae steadied her, catching her forearm with one hand and steadying her by her waist before she crashed against the marble counter.

    Catalina looked up at him.

    "You're drunk." A laugh escaped his lips.

    It had to be his cologne, or that he smiled, or the alcohol (most likely the alcohol) that made her notice how truly handsome he was. The fact that his skin looked nearly flawless or the fact that he looked damn good with his hair a mess did not slip past her. Did her heart just flutter? No, no. She just got scared because she nearly busted her lip, what?

    "Okay, love birds. It's Cat's turn again." Daniel interrupted her intense stare.

    Catalina pushed off Jae, miraculously managing to make her way over to Iris' pervious spot.