Competition Day (Part 1)

Start bij het begin

        I sat down in a chair just taking a breather and listening to my music as the medleys went on. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around to see Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn, Ashton, Calum, Luke and Michael standing there behind me. I just decided to turn my chair around and sat back down. I motioned for them all to sit down. So when they all finally sat down I was bombarded with questions. I thought Harry and Ash had explained it all, but apparently not. I started to tell them everything that I told Ash and Harry when I got interrupted by an official telling me it was my race up next. I told them I would explain later as I got up to go and stand with my other teammates. This relay consisted of me, Cate Campbell, her sister Bronte Campbell, and Alicia Coutts. I would be first with Cate going last. Cate was the fastest swimmer I have ever seen. I took my headphones and jacket off handing them off to the official before getting onto the blocks to stretch. The beep went off less than a minute later and I was off. Freestyle for me was always the fastest swim and this was only 2 laps back and forth, so when my hand touched the wall Bronte was off. I quickly climbed out of the pool to join my teammates in screaming. I noticed the American team doing the same thing. Soon Bronte was out of the pool and Alicia was jumping in already swimming her part. Cate got on top of the blocks getting ready to jump and she was going to bring us our win since nobody could beat her. Alicia had just touched the wall and Cate took off. By now I was screaming my lungs out for Cate to hurry. She was ahead of America by a head and so when she touched the wall first I errupted in screaming. I hugged all of my teammates and slapped Cate's hand. Cate was already swimming over to the ladder when we were being asked to be interviewed. I stood there silent letting Cate do all the talking until they asked me a question. It was the same question I knew that they would ask me. How could I be swimming in so many things? I told them honestly that I was just happy to be here and do what I'm doing. I didn't care about the number of races I was in. We all walked away to get our medals on the podium, and then to cool down, but I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time to cool down since my next race was being called. I relunctantly got up and went again to stand in line. My whole body was so tired, and I didn't want to do this. I walked out with a fake smile on my face not even seeing who my teammates were. I got into the water since I was first doing a backstroke and got ready. The beep sounded one minute later and I was off. 30 seconds later my hand touched the wall and the next person was off. I pulled myself out of the water to stand with my teammates.  

        After we came in second to America in this last relay I was so happy I could finally sit down and just relax. I was so hungry and tired. I took a shower and got dressed before heading out to my big family. They all hugged me and congratulated me again before we headed out to get something to eat. I could only stay for a little since I had gymnastics practice after this before the finals. I ate a light salad with water while everyone else around me got to eat hamburgers and other fatty things. I envied them so much. I finished my water and salad in record time before I excused myself telling them I had to go to gymnastics practice, but that I would see them tonight at the finals. 

        Gymnastics practice kicked my ass and I was tired and sore now even more than I was this morning after prelims. Practice lasted five hours before I made my way back to the pool for the finals. Good thing I only had three finals. My swim coach looked at me and laughed.

"What."

"You look like the walking dead."

"Gee thanks. I feel it."

"Look lets get through these finals and then you go home and sleep."

"Right until tomorrow when I have a gymnastics competition."

"Right I forgot about that. Don't think about that right now. So you know in the 800 and 1500 free your competition is Katie and in the 200 it"s Missy. I don't think though that you have to fear Missy since her back's been bothering her. Alright well let's get out there."

"Question have you been stalking Missy's practices? Just kidding just kidding. I told you I was just kidding."

"LAPS NOW!"

"Are you kidding me? I told you I was joking."

"Do 200 freestyle now for warm up." I groaned and walked away towards the warm up pool. I jumped in and started to do my warm ups. When I got back to the wall my coach handed me a paddle board and told me to just work on my kicking. I swam up and down the lane just kicking. 10 minutes before my first final started I got out and dried off. I knew that I had to wait in the locker room until they announced my race and name. I put my headphones on and got zoned in. I walked out and waved to the crowd before setting all of my stuff into the bin and jumping up onto the blocks. I heard the beep and jumped in. This was the 1500 first so I swam a lot slower than usual. I got so bored in the middle, but when I noticed Katie ahead of me I started to push myself to go faster. We were always neck and neck in races. She made me push myself to go faster until the very end when I saw her behind me. I ended up winning by one second. I jumped up screaming and hitting the water. I hugged Katie and told her good job as I swam towards the ladder. I jumped up onto the podium to get my gold medal and I smiled at the crowd. I got interviewed and then I went into the locker room to dry off while the 400 free final went on.

         I knew Katie was in that so I cheered for her and I knew she won when she came in with a smile on her face. I warned her that I wouldn't go easy on her in the 800. She hugged me as I made my way out for the 200 backstroke. I saw Missy and she looked to be in pain, but hiding it.  This was going to be the easiest win I ever had. Doing my whole routine again I ended up with another gold around my neck. The 800 was next and Katie was waiting for me back in the locker room. I put my gold medal into my bag and walked back to the line. I was in lane 4 and she was in lane 5 so she and I could watch it each other. 400 meters done 400 more to do. 400 meters went by very fast when it was just you and Katie in your head. It was either Katie ahead by a nose or me. I touched the wall with my eyes closed to open them when I heard people yelling my name. Katie and I had touched the wall one second a part again. I took home the gold and she took home the silver. I hugged her and congratulated her while swimming back to the podium and getting my gold. I got interviewed for the third time tonight. I just told the interviewer that I did my best out there and I was doing something I loved. She thanked and congratulated me and I walked away back to the locker room so that I could shower and get changed. I couldn't wait to fall into a comfy bed and sleep. 

        My whole family plus my brother and his band and my boyfriend and his band all bombarded me with congrats and hugs. I told them all I would see them again tomorrow for the harder competition and I needed my sleep. They all nodded their heads and told me they would see me tomorrow. I kissed Harry goodbye as I hugged the rest of them. I walked back to my dorm room and I fell onto my bed and fell asleep instantly. 

Vote

Comment