Once we finished the whole set, the boys went down to meet and take pictures with a few fans. After five minutes, they started to scream: "We want to meet the girls!" Brittany and I laughed nervously and went down to the fans. Some wanted pictures and a few wanted my autograph. I  was shocked. They liked me. One fan shouted "Are you and Matty dating?" Matty laughed and mumbled "Not yet". I blushed.

After the quick meet and greet, the guys packed up their insruments and we hung out backstage for a bit. I decided to pull Adam to the side and tell him, not tell everyone at once. Tyler was here too. She was still in her The 1975 shirt, and she suited it. "I think we should make you our official band merch model." Goerge said, pulling her onto his lap. I smiled weakly. I felt sick. I didn't want to have to adam that his girlfriend had cheated on him. But if I didn't no one else would. Brittany certainly wouldn't. She'd see both guys and probably a third within a month. I don't understand how people could be like that. If I commit to someone, I invest everything into it. I give them my heart. I couldn't deal with seeing two people at once, or having someone see me and another girl. It'd be too much.

I think Matty noticed I was looking freaked out, because he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the small room where the other guys were out into a small hallway.

"You're not okay. What's happened?" He asked, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"I don't know if I should tell him or not." I said absentmindedly. Matty looked at me, unsure and confused. I was somewhere else. I was freaking out, and my body couldn't deal with it. It was too much. But I fought through it. I will not break down, I thought. I will not break down, I will not break down, I will not break down.

"Brittany cheated on Adam." I blurted out, just as a laughing Adam stumbled out of the room with his arm slung around Brittany. He heard me. His face darkened. His posture straightened.

"What?" he asked, taking his arm off Brittany.

"Adam. It's not true, she's ly-" Brittany started, holding up her hands defensively.

"No, Brittany, you're the liar. Get out. I don't want to see you again." Adam said, stepping away from her and coming closer to Matty and I.

"But...how will I get home? Youy drove me here." She said. She cheated on him and all she cared about was getting home?  "Maybe your fuck-buddy can give you a ride. Oh wait - he already did." Adam said angrily.

Brittany's eyes welled up but she refused to let the tears fall. She stalked away, out of the venue. I exhaled. "You alright, Bill?" Adam asked. I nodded. "You alright?" I asked. He nodded, squeezing my hand and walking back into the room. Matty was stood beside me, refusing to let go of my hand. "Are you okay Billie?" He asked. I nodded and gulped. He smiled and held me close to him. I was enveloped in his arms, I never wanted to leave. I almost said that I really really liked him. Told him my real feelings. But I stopped myself. I couldn't. Wouldn't. Shouldn't. I just didn't know.

After we packed up all of the stuff, everyone went their separate ways. I had to go back to Matty's to get my car. Matty drove me to his place, and then I said goodbye. He had been asking me to stay over at his place for the night the whole drive. "C'mon, Billie. Please. This house is lonely." He pouted. I sighed. "I don't have anything to wear," I said. "I'll give you pyjamas and you can go home tomorrow. Please?" He begged. I smiled. "But I have to go-" I started. "No, you don't. You're staying here." He said, picking me up and carrying me to his front door. I grinned and smacked his arm. "Matty, no. I have to go. Come on. I'll stay another hour." I said.

"Or two," Matty said, grinning.

I sighed and let him drag me inside. "Tea, love?" he asked. I smiled and nodded gratefully. He made our usual tea, like he did every day. I liked our routine.