Lordless Phantoms

In another part of the ocean, far from Fairy Tail, but not from the port they just left were two hidden figures. "The Phantom Lord ship was sunk." A gruff voice said. Rain drizzled on them drearily.

"Good riddance." His companion sang.

He looked down at her, half in the water. She had a shimmering blue fish tail, long sharp nails, and blank blue eyes. He sat down next to her as she fingered two keys in her hand, a silver and gold one. "Do you think she was rescued?" He asked staring out at the sea.

"Probably." She stared at the keys, thinking of the blonde prisoner that the captain had locked away in his room. "She should be safe in Fairy Tail." The girl looked at her tail, at the Phantom Lord guild mark that blemished her beautiful tail. At one time the guild was her home, but slowly things changed, and she escaped.

Loud crunching drew her attention to her companion, he had a mouth full of metal. "Why don't you just remove it?" He asked referring to her guild mark. She shook her head.

"Juvia can't, Juvia must wear this guild mark as a brand for the sins Juvia committed." She was not proud of all of the work she did while under the guild. She had fled shortly after the blonde princess had been kidnapped. Juvia had hoped to help the girl escape. But her guild did not know of her siren form, the tail again drawing Juvia's eye. Sometimes she hated this curse, to lure men to their deaths against the rocks. She could for short periods of time change the tail to legs and wonder on land. Once her guild learned what she was they turned on her and tried to sell her, like all of the people she had helped kidnap.

Gajeel had helped her escape. He didn't have too, it didn't seem much like his personality. Which is why he did it. He knew the struggles of being an outcast, of being targeted. He had felt powerful in Phantom Lord, but never proud, and never like he belonged. He liked that they were afraid of him. The two outcasts just wanted a place to belong. "How should we return her keys then?" He asked after a long silence.

Juvia sighed. She did not know how. "Hi, my name is Juvia, Juvia used to be a member of Phantom Lord! Juvia wanted to return keys to blondie!" She said in a fake happy voice holding the keys out extended.

Gajeel snickered. That wouldn't work, they'd be arrested the moment they mentioned they were members of Phantom Lord. The two sighed. "We will figure out a way." He said staring off into the ocean.