Chapter 39: This Is It

*Harry's Perspective*

Her will was very straightforward. I know she has meaning to everything she put on there, but I don't have enough energy to figure anything out. 

I couldn't figure out her notes, and neither could the doctors. I was waiting in her room, that sickly pale hospital room that smelled of horror, waiting for her to wake up. Singing to her, touching her, whispering to her about the things she loves in her ear. She layed, silenced and stilled, on the narrow bed. Her family had just given us some privacy, and I appreciated that. Tubes connected to nearly all exposed skin, though her face was mostly clear of wires. I had kept it together for all the hours I spent with her. Quietly I whispered, "I love you." I stroked her cheek. And that's when her eyelids fluttered for the first time in days.

Hope seared through me for the first time since I'd left her. My breathing stuttered, and so did hers. Her heartbeat flickered, then became unstable. She was coming back to me. Everything will be okay. I'll never leave her side. I'll propose to her, right here and now. We'll get married, have a family. She'll be happy. We'll have a future, my life will be restored. 

And then-- it stopped. Simply stopped. Everything turned blurry, and I wasn't aware of anything but her, in that wretched, scratchy hospital gown. I stood up, knocking over my chair in my haste, screaming gutturally for a doctor to come, holding on to her hand for my life. I was dragged from the room in a matter of seconds, shrieking for them to use her notes, her notes...

They brought me into a completely empty room, than locked and slammed the door. I streamed directly to the exit, desperate to get out, to get to her. I slammed my body against that door again and again. That white, pristine door in its safe white room with the white, polished floor tiles. 

I could hear people out of the locked window screaming for me, cameras flashing. How could they not know what was happening on the other side of the door? How could they not care? 

I screeched, seeing the telltale red bulb of a video camera. 

It wasn't worth anything. There's truly nothing else I can do. 

And I collapsed in a ball on the empty, unstained floor.

The doctors did use the notes. They did hear me, that night. I was making some ounce of sense. I'm sure the paparazzi who came to the front of that horrid window made a fortune, selling the dirt they had on me. The fans somehow figured out what happened. I don't know what they're doing about it. Right before their eyes, I broke. And I truly hate myself for that. 

The notes were unfinished. They tried, the doctors. They tried with everything they had to save her, most likely because of my status. 

Nothing worked. She was ready to go home.

Liz died that night.

I was stuck in a room in solitary confinement as she left me. I'd lost my everything without seeing her go.

She told me to live. That's her last request of me. 

I'm going to live for the both of us now.

Thank you guys for keeping up with this little story, if you're reading this! Yes, I am finishing You're My Everything with that, it has been planned for a while now. 

If you're wondering about my inspirations: well, the majority of this story was written because of the following. 

-Miss Victoria Marie. @toripete7 thank you for all the support! I hope you enjoyed your birthday present. I sure did, so thank you for almost a year of entertainment and helping me improve my writing (because let's be honest; it sucked in YMBF, I'm so sorry.). You're an amazing person and I'm so glad to have you. You are the #1 reason I had motivation enough to finish this. That, and (like an argument) you should never leave a story unresolved. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. There'll never be enough words to describe how thankful I am for you, okay? (You too, @squirrelgirljo!)

-Music. Music is MY everything. I'll be posting my inspo playlists soon. :)

-Books. Read. Keep reading. Don't give up. 

Stay beautiful. And don't forget to live.

-Liz