Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I wake up the next morning and hear voices in the living room. I walk past the living room and into the kitchen to get some coffee. My brother walks into the kitchen along with Quinn and says "Hey kiddo." I turn and say "Hey." Quinn looks at me and says "Sorry about last night. I didn't think he'd be that big of a dick." I just shake my head and say "It's fine. I don't think I'll be going back." I say. "Well, it won't be that easy. Venus wants to have a family dinner and wants everyone there." my brother tells me. "Yeah, that's not going to happen. I like Venus and I will spend all the time in the world with her but I can't be near Happy." I say. "You can't just avoid club shit because of him." Quinn says. "Have you not been here the last few days? He hates me. This club and family is his before it's mine. Just tell Venus I'm sorry." I say before walking back to my room to get dressed for the day.

I walk out to the living room and Quinn is sitting there. "Mira, you can't hide out forever. You can't let him have that power over you." he says. "It's not having power over me. Rane, I lost our baby and he abandoned me. He made it very clear he hates me. Why in the hell would I willingly be around someone that hates me?" I asked. "He doesn't hate you. When you left, he didn't touch a single whore for months after you left. He spent a lot of time alone. When your name would come up, he'd grab a bottle off the shelf and lock himself away by himself. He was miserable. You made him happy." he told me. "Well, he might not have hated me then but he does now." I tell him.

That evening, Quinn leaves for the dinner at my brother's house and I am sitting on the couch flipping through the channels when there's a knock on the door. Going to the door thinking it's one of the guys trying to get me to go to the dinner, I open the door and see the last person that I wanted to see. "Hello Miranda." Chris says with a sick smile on his face. I try to close the door but he pushes the door opened and comes for me. I try to walk backwards, trying to remember where Quinn hid the guns in the house. I fall and land next to the entertainment center. I remember that there's a gun on the back of it. He yells at me and says "You thought that you could leave me? I tried to give you everything but you couldn't love me. You wouldn't love me. All because you love that fucking biker. Is that what you want? You want to be a biker whore?" he asked as he is walking towards me. He is on top of me in seconds, strangling me. Just when I think he's going to kill me, my hand finds the grip on the gun and I pull it around and pull the trigger. Chris falls on top of me and I push him off. After catching my breath, I run for my phone and call my brother, "Xander, I need you." I say into the phone, crying. "Hey, where are you?" he asked. "At Rane's." I tell him. "We are on our way." he says and I hang up and am curled up against the wall when the door opens. I jump and start to back away when I see my brother with Quinn and Happy behind him. "Mira, are you okay? Are you hurt?" my brother asked. "My ex. He attacked me. I shot him. Oh my God, Xander, I killed him." I start crying again. "Look, we got this. You are okay." he says trying to calm me and I start going into a panic attack. Chibs takes me aside and helps me through the panic attack while Happy, Xander and Quinn are cleaning things up.

Chibs has me out on the back deck, getting some air when the door opens. "I'll be inside if you need anything Lass. It's going to be okay." Chibs says before patting my shoulder as he walks inside. Thinking that it's my brother or Quinn, I say "I'm fine." I hear his raspy voice saying "Are you?" I stiffen up and he walks to stand in front of me. I don't look at him and I don't answer. I stand up to walk back inside, away from him and he grabs my hand. "Don't." I say pulling my hand away. "Why are you here, Happy?" I finally asked. "I'm here because you called that someone attacked you." he says. "I called my brother. Not you." I say still refusing to look at him. He walks over and tilts my chin up to look at him and I wince. That's when he sees the bruises forming on my neck. "He do this?" he asked. "Doesn't matter. It's not your problem." I say before heading back inside and walking to my bedroom.

I hear talking in the living room and my brother comes to my door. He walks in and pulls me into a hug before kissing my temple. "You know, when you called, he beat us out the door. He was the first one to get here." he says. "Don't. Okay? I really don't want to think about him right now. Xander, I killed someone. How do I handle that?" I asked. "You handle it just like you did. You call us and let us handle that shit. You did good Kiddo." he says. I just nod my head. "You need to pack a bag, you and Quinn are going to stay at the clubhouse for a few days. I'll have the prospects over here tomorrow to clean this shit up." he says. I nod my head and get my backpack out and start packing things up.

Walking out the door, I get on the back of my brother's bike and head to the clubhouse. Walking in, I take my backpack to the room that Venus had set aside for me and went inside. I didn't say anything to anyone. I laid in bed and cried myself to sleep. Later that night, I feel someone slide in the bed with me. I stiffen up and start to freak out when I hear his voice in my ear "It's just me little girl." I turn over and sit up and asked "What are you doing here Hap?" He pulls me back to him and pulls me into him. "Go to sleep little girl." he says. I snuggle into him farther and doze off to sleep.