Chapter 7

Jace put my good arm around his neck and laced his fingers with mine so my arm wouldn't slip off of him. I gasped. The skin to skin contact made my hand burn as well as my body. Then Jace helped me slid off the hospital bed. My leg immediately gave out but Jace held me up. We slowly made it to the waiting room. "Simon," Jace summoned. Simon came forward. "Yes your majesty?" "Help the princess to a seat. I need a word with my father." Simon nodded. They switched so now I was leaning on Simon. Simon led me to the nearest seats and we sat down. Izzy rushed to us. "Why did you do that? You could have died. I am supposed to be your protector, not the other way around." "Because," I said. "What if you did? What would happen to me? Simon and Lucian? Or even to Jace?" Nobody would care Izzy! I'm a princess. The title is the only thing that makes me important enough for people to care about me. And Jace will never love me. I'm falling for him. Not because of the title but because he is nice, kind, caring, and the handsomeness does not hurt. But he only cares about me because of my title. If I wasn't a princess he wouldn't take a second glance at me. I saved you because you are one of my best friends. I saved Jace because I can not imagine not spending time with him and he is making me feel emotions. If letting my guard down means keeping him, I would do it in a heartbeat." "Um....Clary?" "What? Oh, you finally remembered to call me just Clary." "Your majesty is behind you," Izzy informed me. I turned. "Do not tell me how much you heard," I told Jace. Then Jace helped me up and leaned me against his side. We slowly-and I painfully- made our way to the doors...that had steps. Tears were streaming down my face. "Let me-"I started. "There is no way in hell that I am letting you walk down these steps," Jace said. Then he bent down and picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his shoulder. Jace carried me all the way to the horses. "Thank you," I whispered while he lifted me up onto Timber. Then Jace got up on Timber behind me. His left arm was wrapped around my waist and his right hand held the reins. I knew the demon venom was not all gone because I felt something as if there was still burning in my body. We were now riding. I lifted my shaking right hand and laced it with Jace's left haand that was around still around my waist. He shivered once but then gripped mine tightly. We rode until I finally saw my new home...the Idris Grand Castle. We eventually got to the stables. Jace got down then reached up for me. I instantly reached down and Jace lifted me off of Timber. Jace and King Robert helped me get into the castle while the guards flanked us. When we got into the castle the guards immediately took their posts. Seeing as I was still in pain Jace only gave me a brief tour of my new home. Now I would not have to move my leg as much. Jace carried me up some stairs and down a hallway to a room with a closed door. He carefully set me down and opened it.