Chapter 19: Deku vs Hisoka

Start bij het begin

At first, Katsuki thought he'd leave it be, but when Izuku started to wail in his sleep, the three of them jumped into action. It took a few minutes, but Izuku woke with a final wail of 'MOM!'

Katsuki wasn't sure if he'd ever seen Izuku so shook, the smaller was trembling in his hold, biting back sobs that wracked through his entire body. It took nearly an hour for Katsuki to get Izuku to calm down enough to fall asleep again.

Eijirou curled around the alpha, hugging Izuku's head to his chest; Deku had never seemed so small to him as he did then, curled into a ball, arms wrapped around himself as if he were trying to give himself the comfort only the one in his nightmare could provide.

--

Izuku was tired, he kept yawning and his eyes were burning and red rimmed. He must have cried a lot in his sleep the previous night. He couldn't quite remember what the dream was about, just that it had upset him and had something to do with his parents, at least, according to his mates.

He'd been having the same dream--nightmare--for the past three weeks now, but never before had it caused him to start crying.

Izuku decided to push the dream and it's mystery to the back of his mind, for now; he had to prepare for his and Hisoka's fight. He hadn't spoken to the man yet, but he still felt very nervous.

According to Ochaco, Hisoka was very intimidating and creepy. He believed her. Izuku took a deep breath through his nose; and exhaled through his mouth, trying to breathe away all his stress.

"You'll be fine," Hitoshi stated as he leant against the wall.
They were waiting for Bisky, Wing and Zushi to meet up with them before they moved to the arena.

"I'm so nervous," Izuku mentioned as he started to pace.
"It'll be fine, Deku!" Ochaco insisted.
Izuku chose not to answer.

This was a person both of his parents were extremely cautious of, as well as Bisky, Wing and Zushi; he couldn't help but be nervous to fight the older man.

Hisoka likely had much more experience in fighting than Izuku, not to mention he didn't know the full extent of Hisoka's abilities, add that onto the fact that he couldn't use nen and therefore wouldn't able to notice when Hisoka used Bungee Gum on him until it was too late-

"You're mumbling again," Katsuki grumbled.
Yeah, he was even more nervous now.
"Just relax a little," Shoto instructed as he walked towards Izuku, grabbing the back of his neck and pressing his face into his chest.

Izuku sighed, body slumping as he wrapped his arms around Shoto's waist.
"Is it okay if I use more than thirty percent?" Izuku asked, voice muffled in Shoto's chest.

"Fucking whatever," Katsuki replied, hands in his pockets as he stood slumped against the wall next to Hitoshi.
He refused to admit to the fact that he was nervous, too.
"Try to avoid going one hundred percent, at least," Tenya spoke, knowing that it might not be possible at all.

"I'll try," Izuku vowed, pulling back and kissing Shoto just as Bisky, Wing and Zushi arrived.
"Are you ready?" Wing asked with a kind smile.

Izuku sighed softly. "As I'll ever be," he answered softly.
Bisky laughed boisterously, hands on her hips. "Don't look so nervous, Izuku! Just remember what you're fighting for, just think of your parents and you're all set!" She instructed.

Izuku nodded, paling as a sudden wave of nausea washed over him, the vague image of his parents from his dream entering his mind.
He took a deep breath in trough his nose. "I can do this," he mumbled to himself as he exhaled out of his mouth.