Chapter 4 & 5

Arsen

    The guys left and I was by myself staring at my hands. I saw the scared, faraway look in her eyes and it’s like I was frozen there, unable to move. I rubbed my hands through my hair like I had done so many times since I had gotten here. She obviously had a past that must have been horrifying. I was beginning to second guess my thoughts about kicking her out. It seemed like we both had messed up pasts.

    I flipped over and tried to clear my head but it didn’t work. I could only see the way she simply brushed it off and began to smile and act like nothing had happened. I was gonna find out what was going on.

            *            *        *

    I heard something fall over and instantly jumped up.

    “Celine?” I called out, walking out of my room. It wasn’t her. In fact, it was Pierce. I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms.

    “Looking for something?” I said. He looked at me and blushed, trying to act nonchalant.

    “Did she go to bed? You haven’t heard anything come from her, right?” I narrowed my eyes and shrugged.

    “I haven’t checked on her lately.” He nodded and started towards the door.

    “Pierce?” He shook his head and headed towards the door.

    “It’s nothing. See you tomorrow in Physics.” He said, leaving, I shrugged it off and walked back in my room.

            *            *            *

    The next morning, I woke up and Celine was already gone. Looking at the clock, I was going to be late. Quickly getting dressed, I ran out the door, heading to Mrs. Harp’s class.

    Walking inside, the first thing I saw was Celine. She was sitting in the back, her desk empty, besides her pencil and notebook. I headed towards the back to apologize, but was only blocked by Cheri. Groaning, I sat down.

    “Hey, babe,” she said, sitting next to me. “Wanna go and finish what we started earlier?” She rubbed my leg up and down, but I was getting tired of her and this thing we had going. I shook my head.

    “I have to go and do something,” I looked back at Celine and she was looking at me. She quickly looked away and down at her book. Frowning, I turned back around and put my head on the table. She obviously didn’t want to talk to me.

    “Celine!” I heard someone yell. I looked up and saw a girl with curly brown hair and glasses waving at her. I looked back at Celine and she was smiling waving at her.

    “Hey, Shells!” She called, the girl went and sat down next to her and they began talking animatedly about something. Celine said something then laughed, making the girl blush and turn away from her.  I smirked and turned back around, she had a nice laugh. I shook my head. No thoughts like that anymore.

            *            *            *

    At lunch the boys and I were sitting, the only one missing was Pierce. I looked around the lunchroom for him but couldn’t find him. Cage was sleeping of course, and everyone else was talking and laughing. I thought about the night before and how Pierce had calmed Celine down and clenched my fist. What did he say? Just then, he came and sat down. Obviously noticing my stress, he looked me over.