Chapter Seventeen: Their Powers

Authors Note: Hey readers so after debate i have decided that this is going to continue in the story. Thanks to OreosAreMySenpi and DAOnlyMoose for supporting this change. so without any father ado here is how they got there powers.

*FlashBack, to how Ben got his powers*

Ben's POV

The bomb was about to come down on SPYDER's base. I got a quick glance of Chip, Zoe and Warren. Chip didn't seem to be slowed by the slightest by carrying Ashley. I saw them dive for cover. I realized I needed to find cover as well. I jumped in one of the silos. Before i knew what was happening Erica was on top of me, trying to block me from the blast. "Brace yourself Ben," Erica said.

*Still in flashback, 3 days later*

Ben's POV

I was on a bed. I looked around and saw that there was another bed next to mine. Erica was in it still sleeping. We must have been moved from the blast site. I could hear the Doctor talking to Cyrus. They were right outside. I realized that i could hear what they were saying.

"They should look into getting thicker walls," I said, to myself. Beside me I could hear Erica sleep talking about self defense.

The doctor continued to talk.

"If we don't remove the shrapnel inside of them then it could affect them long term," The Doctor said.

"What do you mean?" Cyrus asked.

"We didn't even know it was possible before Ben and Erica came in but...," The doctor paused.

"But what?" Cyrus asked.

"The shrapnel is well.... It's in their heart,"

"What does that mean?" Cyrus asked. The doctor sighed as if he were talking to a child.

"If they exert to much energy they could have, (1) They could fall unconscious, or worse even have permanent damage," He said.

"And the other one?" Cyrus asked.

"The other possibility is that they could shortly have the ability to move at inhumanly speed," The doctor said.

"I see, then explain this to me, WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU THINK HEART SURGERY WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA?" Cyrus said, outraged. The doctor shrunk under this gaze.

"Your right, we should watch them to see if this could be a positive instead of a negative," The doctor said.

I just sat there absorbing everything that was said. I was still drained from fighting SPYDER. I hoped it was all just a bad dream.