Chapter Seven: Decisions

I really should stop trying to stick to a schedule. Sorry for not updating, and I know this is so short you could measure it with one finger, BUT!! I have chapter 8 already done and will be posted tomorrow... I think. Right it's not much but it gets some action going so hope y'all enjoy.

Erica's POV

I didn't know where Ben had gone. There were few reasons he would have left, it was likely he saw someone from SPYDER and ran after them. Ben's so brave, some part of me thought. No, my other half said, he's so stupid! Whatever the case, I knew I needed to help him, so I started slipping through the crowd in hopes of finding him. I finally made it through the mob. I looked around for any sign of Ben. I saw him slip into a coffee shop but what surprised me more was that I saw Murray Hill, in the window, smiling bigger than I'd ever seen him.

Ben's POV

I slipped into the shop as stealthy as I could. I thought I saw a glimpse of Erica, but she didn't know where I was, so that wasn't possible. The little shop was surprisingly crowded but Murray was easy to pick out. I followed him to the back of the shop where the counter was. He talked to the man there for a few minutes, then walked back to the "Employees Only" room. I knew I couldn't follow. It would just be stupid to try to get past the man at the counter and not draw attention. As it was,  everyone already was looking where Murray had just gone.

I saw Erica come through the door looking worried. I needed to tell her what I saw. This place was crowded and would probably be a good place to talk. I grabbed a table and motioned Erica to sit, she did.

     "Murray just walked into the employee only room," I said.

     "Did you see anyone else that works for SPYDER here?" She asked.

     "No, but I would bet everything I own Murray isn't alone," I said.

     "You're probably right," said Erica.

    "We should come back tonight," I said.

     "What about the deadline?" She asked.

     "Maybe we could get Cyrus to swing us a few more hours," I said.

      "That could work, I'll call grandpa," she said. She whipped out her phone and held it to her ear. She quickly gave him the information needed and hung up.

     "Alright we're all good now," she said.

     "What'd he say?" I asked.

     "He wasn't happy about just us two going all in, but he knew it needed to happen tonight," she said.

     "So we're on for tonight at 10:00?" I asked.

     "Yes," She said.

When we got back to the hotel it was 6:00 o'clock. Erica said that I should rest, but I knew I couldn't.

     "Ben, just so you know, I got your back," said Erica. I was stunned, Erica looked out for no one but herself. Maybe she was finally coming around, I thought.

     "Me to," I said. She smiled but said nothing. I felt much more confident after talking to her. I had her back and she had mine. If only I knew how wrong I would be.

Right there it is comment what you thought about to chapter and what you think I should do. Next chapter will cover a lot even the PLOT!!!