Chapter Twelve: The Missile

Soooo were back I'm sorry for not updating I've lost some of my original inspiration. Basically I want to get on with the plot. I'm going to try leaving hints in chapters *not this one*. I hope y'all enjoy because pretty soon this isn't going to seem like a normal Spy School book.

Ben's POV

I slowly moved along the edge of the window sill. I took a look down. I was probably two stories up. I finally got to the window I needed and started to open it. I was just crawling in when I looked behind me and saw a SPYDER agent start to climb out and follow me. I closed the window behind me and ran.

I racked my brain to remember where Erica was. I found the room and ran in as fast as I could.
     "Erica!" I said.
     "..Ben".
I ran towards the sound of the voice. I saw her laying in the same spot. There was a small pool of blood around her.
     "Erica," I ran over to her. "We're getting out of here," I said.
     "Did you stop the launch?" She asked, it sounded strained. I felt a feeling of guilt.
     "Almost, but one's still on its way," I said. "Let's get out of here before all of SPYDER comes and finds us," I said.
     "Sounds like a plan, but I can't walk," she said.
    "Alright, then plan B," I said. I put an arm under her legs and one under her back. I lifted her up, ready to go.
     "Woah there," she said.
She started to slip a little, so I lightly threw her up to get a better position. She actually giggled. What happened to Erica? I thought. I knew I couldn't move that fast while holding Erica so I would need to be smart. I forgot how light she actually was so it might not be that bad. What do you mean not that bad?, some side of me said. Can we just take a moment to savor that I'm holding the ice queen, another part of me thought. I mentally face palmed myself. I opened the door and quickly scanned for any SPYDER agents. I didn't see anything. I started out the door. My only thought was to get Erica to safety, then I could focus on the remaining bomb.

The ground under my feet started to shake slightly. Odd, I thought. I continued walking. The ground shook even more.
     "What is that?" I mumbled.
     "Whaa?" Erica asked.
     "Nothing," I said. Something felt off. Then it hit me. I looked into the sky. I saw the missile coming straight down. It was coming right at us.

I needed to find safety. I saw a broom cupboard. I ran over to it and got in. Erica had drifted off to sleep. "We'll make it," I said, to myself. Before I closed the door I thought I saw someone. The person looked like.... me. I closed and reopened my eyes, to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, but the person was gone.

Ok I had this idea I'll start asking you guys questions about the Spy School books see if you know your stuff. The question for this chapter is.... what is Jawa's last name?. Reply in the comments below.