#24 - Labour (Final Part).

Labour/Delivery (Final Part).

Ashton: You were terrified to say the least. There were tons of people crowding around you and at the moment, you were alone since Ashton had been asked to go get changed. “Okay (Y/N), we’re just going to put this partition up so you can’t see any of the procedure.” the surgeon told you as they pinned up a blue sheet. “Am I allowed in yet? She is my wife.” you heard Ashton say and you managed to look up and see him making his way towards you, fully kitted out in blue scrubs and you would have laughed if you weren’t so anxious. One of the nurses put a stool next to you for Ashton to sit down on as they began the procedure. “I’m sorry that this isn’t going the way that we planned.” you whispered as he took your hand. “Don’t worry about that,” he said quietly, resting his head beside yours. “Do you think she’s going to be okay?” you asked. “She’ll be fine.” he nodded and you closed your eyes, trying to ignore the feeling of the surgeons tugging at your skin to get to your baby and concentrated on the feeling of Ashton running his fingers through your hair. Suddenly, a loud cry came from behind the sheet and you froze. That was your little girl. She was here. “Ash, go see her. Make sure everything’s okay.” He pressed his lips to your forehead before going over and you couldn’t help but let a few tears slip. A few minutes passed when Ashton appeared beside you, holding your daughter wrapped up in a light pink blanket. “She’s gorgeous, (Y/N).” he whispered, sitting down by you and angling himself so you could see your baby. “Is she okay?” you asked quietly, leaning up as best as you could to look down at your little girl. “She’s perfect, baby. Absolutely perfect.”

Jessica Irwin born 15th March.

***************

Calum: He reached over and pushed the call button on the side of your bed while trying to help you sit up so you could get yourself into a more comfortable position to push. “Ohh,” you groaned quietly, gripping your husband’s hand tightly, “I hate you.” The nurse between your legs was smiling softly at you, “(Y/N), do what your body tells you. Push when you need to.” You cried out quietly as you bore down, moaning as you felt your body stretching around the first baby’s had. “I lied to you,” you panted, looking up at Calum, “I don’t hate you.” He smiled softly at you, I know.” You squeezed your eyes shut and pushed, feeling the baby’s shoulders turn, then suddenly, there was relief. Calum let out a quiet gasp as the nurse placed your son on your chest. “Cal, oh my, Calum.” you whispered, looking up at him, “Little Andrew.” He let out a small laugh as he bent down, pressing a kiss to your forehead, “You did it.” You let the nurse take the first baby away to get him cleaned up as you rest back against the bed, “I don’t want to do that again.” He crouched down in front of you, “Yes you can.” He then let out a small whine you gripped his hand tightly. “Baby’s head is right there, (Y/N). You’re doing so well.” You nodded and gripped Calum’s hand tighter, pushing down and letting out a moan as you the baby slid into the nurse’s hands. You let out the breath you didn’t know you were holding as you took the baby from the nurse, cooing at him softly as another brought Andrew over to the two of you. “They’re so small,” Calum whispered, leaning down so the two if you could look at your children together, “Andrew and Noah Hood.”

Andrew and Noah Hood born 16th October.

******************

Luke: He was massaging your shoulders and he pressed a kiss to the back of your head, “You ready to do this?” You nodded, bracing your hands on the bottom of the pool as you suddenly felt the overwhelming urge to push. The midwife looked up at you, seeing the expression on your face and placed a hand on your knee, “Go ahead and push if you need to. Don’t fight it.” Nodding, you let Luke take your hand and when you felt the next contraction building, you pushed down. “It hurts,” you whimpered as Luke gave your shoulders another squeeze, “I don’t think I can do it!” Luke gently took your hands and made you turn around to face him, moving you hands so they were braced on his shoulders while his rest on your waist. “Another push, (Y/N).” the midwife ordered, “You’re doing so well.” You pushed down again, fingertips digging into Luke’s shoulders, teeth clamping down on your bottom lip as your body stretched around the baby’s head. “That’s my girl. You’re doing so well.” Luke whispered, lips against your cheek as he mumbled encouraging words, “Just a little bit more.” You managed to pant through another few pushes before the baby slid out into the nurse’s hands and she brought your little boy up through your legs to the surface of the water. You let go of Luke and turned so you could cradle your baby against your chest. “Oh. Luke, he’s here. Our baby boy.” you cried, smiling up at your husband. He grinned at you, resting his head on the edge of the pool, looking down at his son, “He’s so cute.” You leant up and pressed a lazy kiss to his lips, “We’re finally a family.” 

Darren Hemmings born 21st February. 

*****************

Michael: A further two hours had passed and there was still no sign of baby. That was until now. “(Y/N), sweetheart, the baby is crowning.” the midwife smiled, looking up at you. Michael grinned down at you, gently nudging his nose against your cheek in an attempt to get your attention. Your wide eyes looked into his. “You hear that? We’re going to have our baby in a little bit.” You shook your head, “I don’t want to do this! Please, Michael don’t make me do it.” It broke his heart seeing you in so much pain but you were so close. Your daughter was almost here. He took your hand, leaning down so he was in your line of vision, “Listen to me, you want to hold her, yeah? You’re going to have to do this and I will be here. You squeeze my hand as hard as you need to.” You let out a whine as the midwife looked up from between your legs, “When you feel the next contraction, I want you to push as hard as you can, all right?” He winced as you gripped his hand tightly, sitting up to try and put more power behind your pushes. “You’re doing so well,” Michael whispered, pressing a kiss to your cheek as you relaxed for a short moment before sitting up again. “Once more, (Y/N).” the midwife encouraged. “You said that last time!” you groaned, causing her to laugh. “I mean it this time. One more big push and you’ll have your little girl.” Michael resumed his position beside you as you began pushing again and he swore you were gripping his hand so tightly that his fingertips were turning blue. All of a sudden, it seemed as if the two of you were the only people in the room as your little girl finally came into the world. Michael cut the chord and the nurse took your little girl over to get cleaned up. “She’s here, (Y/N). Our little girl.” he cried and you looked up, seeing a few tears making their way down his face. You smiled, reaching up to wipe them away before taking your little girl from the nurse. Michael reached down and ran his fingertips down her small arm, smiling as her hand gripped his finger tightly. He was finally a dad.

Amy Clifford born 23rd April.