#22 - Labour (Part 2).

Labour (Part 2).

Ashton: He looked up as a loud knock came from the front door, glancing down at you again, "You comfortable enough? That's probably the midwife." You nodded and he quickly made his way out to answer the door. "Hello Ashton," she smiled, coming into you home, "(Y/N), how're we feeling? Have your waters broken yet?" Shaking your head, you rubbed your stomach as you felt another contraction building, "Ashton." He was by your side in a few seconds, which allowed you to grip his hand tightly. "It's okay," he whispered, "I'm right here." You let out a small whimper, hand squeezing his as a strong, different sort of pressure began building. "(Y/N)?" Ashton breathed, "Talk to me, what's happening?" The two of you looked down as you PJ bottoms suddenly became soaked through. "Well...looks like she's not going to be hanging about." the midwife smiled.

Calum: The two of you had decided that Luke would drive you to the hospital so Calum could sit in the back with you and keep you calm. His arm was rubbing your back as your head was resting on his shoulder as you suffered through another contraction. "We're here!" Luke called from the front of the car and Calum quickly threw his door open. You were soon settled in your room and Calum was by your side as the midwife came in to check on the position that the twins were in. "Good news is, is that they're both in the perfect position. We suspect that you are indeed in labour and so we'll just wait for your waters to break and then that'll get the ball rolling. Press if you need anything." Once she had left, Calum took the seat beside the bed and rest his head on the blankets, "Get some rest. It looks like we could be here for a while." Nodding, you closed your eyes and leant back against the uncomfortable pillows, slowly drifting off.

Luke: After stopping at home to grab your packed bag, the two of you drove towards the birth centre. Your contractions were coming more regularly and since Luke was driving, you had to make do with the handle above the door each time they came. "Almost there." Luke whispered, placing his hand on your knee, "We're almost there." Nodding, you breathed deeply, hands gripping the handle above your head as a more intense pressure began building. "Luke," you whimpered, your other hand moving to grip his arm, "Luke, something's happening." Before he could do anything, you felt your water's break, soaking the dress you were wearing, your thighs and the seat of Luke's car. You finally arrived at the birthing centre and almost instantly, you were taken through to the room you had requested while Luke was being told to stay put which had you worried. Why wasn't he being allowed in?"

Michael: He was practically buzzing with excitement, he was so excited that his hands were shaking. You were now your hospital room and all of his fidgeting, well it was starting to do your head in. "Oh my God, will you please stop?" you snapped, glaring at him as he stared at you with wide eyes. You instantly felt bad and quickly scooted over in the bed, patting the space beside you. "I'm sorry." you whispered, leaning your head on his shoulder after he had moved to beside you, "I'm just scared." He rest his head on top of yours, rubbing your arm in an attempt to comfort you, "You're going to be fine and I'll be there every step of the way." Honestly, you were proud of the way you were handling the contractions, they were nothing more than a small inconvenience to you but you were sure that they were going to get worse as time went on. You soon began feeling sleepy and with Michael rubbing your arm, you drifted off to sleep.