#16 - Nurseries.

Nurseries.

Ashton: “What can I do to help?” you asked, walking into the room you had chosen for your little girl’s nursery. The walls were a nice cream colour -you hadn’t wanted to use pink- and Ashton had lay the new wooden floor a couple days ago. “You,” he said, “Can go sit your little butt in that chair. You’ve got to relax.” Whining, you picked up a piece of wood that belonged to the crib that he was currently attempting to set up, “Please Ashton. I’ve been relaxing all day!” Sighing, he picked up a pile of baby clothes and handed them to you, “You can put these away. I just don’t want you to exert yourself and ended up hurting yourself.” Huffing, you snatched the clothing from him and made your way over to the chest of drawers to put them away. You heard him sigh from behind you and soon you felt his hands on your waist, “You know I’d love for you to help but I don’t want you hurting yourself or our little girl.” Exhaling, you nodded and placed your hands on his, “I know. I’m just sick of sitting down, Ash.” He pressed a kiss to the back of your neck, “Okay, how about you help me with the crib then? I guess we can do it sitting on the floor.” Smiling, you turned to look at him, “That’s all I want to do.”

Calum: "Right, where do you want this?" he asked, looking up at you. You placed your hand on your large stomach as you deliberated all of the possible places for the changing table. "Over in that corner." you decided. "Are you sure? Cause all this stuff is heavy…" he said quietly. While positioning the cribs, it had taken Calum three times moving them for you to choose and they ended up back where they were at the started; in front of the window. "Yes," you sighed, "I’m sure." Nodding, he finally moved it over to the corner and instantly, you realized that it was the wrong place. It just didn’t look right. You chewed on your bottom lip as Calum turned, his smile fading as he sighed loudly, "Really?" Your bottom lip wobbled as you realized how much of a nuisance you were being and that he was getting frustrated with you. "I’m sorry," you whimpered, "I-I’ll let you decide where everything goes." You stood and tried to wipe the pathetic tears from your eyes, angry with yourself for letting your hormones pretty much take over. Calum soon had his arms around you, his lips pressed against your forehead as he swayed you gently. "Don’t cry," he whispered, "I’m not mad at you. Listen, go make yourself a cup of tea and then once I’m done in here, I’ll come get you and then I’ll run you a bath, okay?" Sniffling, you nodded and pressed a kiss to his hand before leaving the room.

Luke: He dipped the paintbrush into the small tester pot of light blue paint and painted a small patch on the wall before turning to look at you. “Hmm…” you deliberated, “I don’t know…let’s look at the dark one.” Nodding, Luke pulled the lid off the dark blue and then painted the wall again. He came back to stand beside you as you stared at the two samples. He wanted you to be happy and so whatever colour you picked would be going on the walls. “I like the darker one.” you said quietly, placing your hands on his arm, “How about you?” He nodded, “Yeah…I think we would regret the lighter one after a while.” You smiled and slowly bent down to grab one of the paintbrushes when he quickly moved the paint out of your way. “I think you should sit this out, love.” he said quietly, “I was reading online that the smell of paint can harm babies…” You let the brush drop back down onto the floor, “Okay, I’ll go make a start on dinner.” He smiled, leaning down to press a kiss to your lips, “Make me some macaroni cheese? You know I love your cooking.” Giggling, you pressed another kiss to your lips, “I suppose you deserve a reward for doing all this painting.” 

Michael: You waved goodbye to your cousin before climbing up the stairs to the front door, resting your forehead against the wood as you sighed tiredly. All you really wanted to do was go upstairs and take a long nap. You reached the bottom of the stairs when Michael came running through the from the kitchen, “You’re home! Did you have a good time shopping?” You nodded, pushing some hair away from your face, “Yeah, although she dragged me to nearly all the shops. I thought we were going to be going to for a few, not the whole place. I’m going to go take a nap.” His hand came to rest on your lower back as you began climbing up the stairs, “Can I show you something first?” You sighed tiredly but nodded, “Okay.” He led you down the hall towards the nursery and pushed the door open. “Oh my…” you whispered, hand coming to cover your mouth. The walls were painted with the light purple colour that you had agreed on and he had pushed all the furniture in, setting it up in a way you would have never thought of. “Michael,” you whispered, turning to face him, “Did you do all this yourself?” He shrugged, “Yeah…I thought that it’d be a nice surprise for you. Do you like it?” You cupped his face in your hands, bringing his lips down to yours, “I love it,” another kiss was pressed to his lips, “And I love you.”