Chapter 10- His Endearment

Somin's POV:

"He loved you Somin, a lot"

I had no words. Those words cut deep into my heart. That can't be true. He must be kidding.

"Since, high school." Jungkook continued.
"W-what? We never went to the same high school!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, you did. You just didn't know him as he wasn't a popular student, unlike you.
Everyday he'd come and tell us stories about this popular girl..." he sighed and continued.

"...you. He would tell us that how you reject every guy's proposal because you didn't like them. Eventually, he became one of the guys who liked you. He was afraid that you would reject him as well so he kept his feelings inside of him and never dared to come in front of you, try to talk to you, try to become your friend. He always got very nervous and shy while talking about you. All of us just shrugged it off as a normal crush but since high school, he hasn't liked anyone else. For him, it has been you since day one. And the day you asked us to leave you alone, was the day he became so depressed. He stopped eating for a week but we helped him. He never told us but we could hear him cry every night. He used to mumbles things like 'I've lost her' 'She hates me' in his sleep." Jin took a deep breathe and wiped away his tears just like everyone else...including me.

"But what about the k-killing?" Jiwoo asked while Yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"About that.." Namjoon started to explain.
"My father was a really big mafia leader. He just killed anyone who comes in his way and just anyone he wants to. He killed people through his workers. Somin's dad and Jiwoo's brother had taken a loan from him as they were running short on cash.
They were given a specific time until they had to return the loan on cash but were too late to do that."

Namjoon's words just stabbed my heart. I couldn't believe a single he said.

"L-loan? What? T-hey never told u-us about i-it." Jiwoo sobbed while trying to complete her sentence.

"I don't know about that." Taehyung replied.

I stopped my tears from flowing and asked them ,"why did you guys do it?"

"He had forced all of us to do that. Once we got to know that who we had to kill, we immediately refused because we didn't want to hurt Jimin and Yo-" Namjoon was interrupted by Yoongi's coughing as he whispered something into Namjoon's ear.

"W-we didn't want to hurt Jimin." He continued.
"You guys still killed our family." I said.

"Somehow, Namjoon's father got to know about Jimin's love for you." Taehyung continued.

"He threatened him to do his job or else he will kill you and your friend." Jungkook explained.

"His behavior towards you was just an act. Deep inside, all of it was hurting him." Hoseok completed the explanation.
"It was almost every week that he would come crying to my room. No talking. Just crying." Hoseok continued.

After hearing Jimin's story, my heart ached a lot. Why did he love me so much? Why did I hurry to hate him? Why didn't I become his friend in high school? The outcomes would've been different.

"Do you guys still do the killing?" Jiwoo further asked.

Jin sighed and shook his head.
"Thankfully, he died almost immediately after a month you guys left." Namjoon said.
"I didn't want to take over his business so I shut it down."

Jiwoo and I nodded as the doctor came back and said that Jimin had woken up and only two people at a time could meet him.

I sighed...