The Younger Sister

Amrit's POV

A milkmaid entered the room. Her face looked as if she have cried a lot.

On seeing her, a short smirk appeared on my face for a split second and then my expression again turned to a serious one.

Yes that woman was who you are thinking about right now.

"Who are you? And why did you wanted to see me?" Panchali asked while she tried to sound normal.

"Maharani, I am a simple Yadavi and am in big problem." Subu said as she sat on ground in front of Panchali.

"What happened?" Panchali asked slowly.

Panchali was careful to not let her be aware of her emotional state. She made her sat beside her on the bed.

"Maharani, I was in deep love with a man. Even he loved me back and we after some incidents got married. But..." Subu sobbed a bit in between her saying.

Subu,
You possess perfect acting skills.
Now you are my competition for my so called Oscar Award.

"But what, dear? You can share your feelings with me without any hesitation." Panchali spoke up. Her sisterly feeling coming out from her.

She is the prefect elder sister...

Wait no,
Elder sisters are never perfect,
At least for the younger ones.
That's what my personal experience says.

"But he was already married. And his first wife will never accept me and will be very angry on him. He can't betray her as he loves and respects her a lot. I just don't know what to do." Subu said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Ssh. Don't cry. I promise you I will talk to his first wife and will try to make her understand how much your husband loves and needs both of you. I am sure she will definitely understand. Ok?" Panchali assured her while wiping her tears.

"Thank you so much, Maharani" Subu said joining her hands. "Can you ask you one more thing?"

"Yeah" Panchali said with a small smile.

"I don't have anyone here to call my family but you, maharani, you made me felt that I have an elder sister in you. Can I...." Subu said in shyness not being able to complete her sentence.

"From now on, you are my younger sister. You can come here and meet me anytime you want. What's your name, dear?" Panchali asked innocently.

No..
No...
No....

Suddenly her little son entered the room.

"Maa" He said as he finally saw her "I have been searching for you everywhere."

He ran to her and hugged her tightly.

"You are back from your training, son?" Panchali asked as she hugged him back.

"I got a day off" He said excitedly.

Grabbing the opportunity, Subu left.

"You are really strong, Panchali." I whispered as Subu left.

"I am a Maharani too Ammu. My feelings can not come as an obstacle for my duty." She said while wiping her tears.

I should leave them to have some personal mother- son moments.

Sons of Pandavas are too cute.

I walked in the corridors searching for Subu.

Has she left already?