The Consequences

Amrit's POV

I walked through the hallway towards my room.

I heard a few voices calling my name but I don't feel like stopping.

I don't need to talk right now,
Just leave me alone for sometime.
I will be fine.

I went inside my room and locked it from inside.

Panchali's POV

A few minutes ago,

The commoners kept on cheering for our Amrit.

She did a really great work.
I never even imagined this side of hers.
I mean she was bold and confident but the way she faced the situation today, she has inspired me,now.

Suddenly,Amrit broke the hug.

As if she realised late that her svayamvar had broken, that the plannings everyone were doing for her future were all destroyed.

She was standing like a statue for a few minutes. And then suddenly she started running.

We tried to call her. Everyone was shouting her name, but she had become deaf to all that.

At last she went inside her room and locked herself.

I turned towards Sakha. He was standing with a smile.

"Just give her sometime alone. She will be fine" He said.

We all agreed and started doing our respective works.

Amrit's POV

I went and sat on the dressing table.

I was totally numb, not at all feeling anything. A few tears were rolling down my cheek but they were not of any pain or something.

I removed the pallu from my head, then the flowers and gajra which had decorated my hair.

Soon my hair was completely open. Then I slowly proceeded to remove the earrings, nose-ring, necklaces, armlets, anklets, waistbands, maangtikka, rings, toe-ring.

There was a bowl full of water kept on the table. I started washing my face. The kajol, and the other makeup were totally disturbed. I kept on rubbing my face until the whole of them were gone.

I tried my face with a towel. Now, I was left wearing my so-called wedding saree.

Karn and Vrushali gifted it to me saying that they really want me to wear this.

I stood up and walked to my bed.

I don't feel like changing it.

I laid on the bed and closed my eyes trying innumerable times to feel asleep but all in vain.

What would have I done if I was in my era?

Maybe it would have not even happened if I was there.

I would just be working on some college project with Dhruv and Nisha.

Or I would be just watching a web series by Girliyapa or Timeliners or something else.

I stood up and walked to the window. I sat on the couch near it.

I closed my eyes and started singing.

I don't know why this song but I just felt like singing all the songs I can think of..

I kept on singing many other songs for what I think were hours.

Karn's POV

In the morning,
I was walking towards Amrit's room.

She had not left her room this whole time.
I should talk with her,
I haven't talked with her since her failed svayamvar.
I don't know how she must be feeling.

I reached her room. I knocked the door several times but no response. That's when I realised that the door wasn't locked. I opened it but no one was there.

Why is she gone?

I saw a maid coming my way.

"Where is Amrit? Have you seen here?" I asked her.

"I saw her in the practising area" she replied.

"Ohk. Thanks"

And then, I walked towards that area.

I was surprised to see her practising her sword kills.

Her eyes were not showing no pain. Her face (as much as I could see) had no expression, neither of happiness nor of any sorrow.

I guess she is still struggling with herself.
Maybe, I should leave her alone, to deal with her own self before.

Thinking so, I turned to leave.

TBC

Author's Note

First of all, I so sorry for such a late update and for such a short chapter.

It's just my exams are going on and I am not in a mood of writing.

I am not getting any idea of what I can write in the next chapter.

And ya, I just made a new instagram account dedicated fully to my wattpad account.

Id-
_the_crying_soul

Follow that account to get updates of this story and also update on what my future stories will be all about

And ya, I added the heer song because right now I am just in love with it and it's meaning.

And I have a couple name for our Amrit-Arjun:-
AmAr

I know it's strange.