The Bird's Eye

Amrit's POV

It's been two days since Karn left for Hastinapur.

Vrushali is recovering from the pain of losing her son. She is more focusing on her other sons and a pregnant Supriya.

Supriya is both nervous and excited as it's her first pregnancy.

Wait! Who was the mother of Karn's last son?
And five sons of Karn are yet to be born if I don't count the one in Supriya's womb.
What if it's a girl? Did Karn had any daughters.
Now I feel I have known nothing about this epic.

Vrishasen has suddenly became much responsible.

Shon has been taking care of Radha Kaki. She has been too weak since a few days.

And the latest news is Pandavas got Khandavprasth as their part of kingdom.

The same place from which I and Arjun passed.
That reminds me I haven't met him since months. I mean I did met him on Panchali's svayamvar but that doesn't count.

I went to Radha Kaki's room where she was telling stories of Karn to the boys. I went and sat with them.

"Let me tell you all a story" Shon said.

"We are ready" I replied.

"So it's when we were young and Bhrata was rejected by Dronacharya as his student." He started.
"One day I saw how he trained the princes. He attached a wooden bird to a branch of a tree. He asked the princes to shoot its eye. As the princes came one by one he asked them what they could see. The princes described everything in front of them and he declined them from shooting. Then came Rajkumar Arjun. He repeated his question. Arjun replied that he could only see its eye and nothing else. Dronacharya permitted him to shoot and he shot the eye of the bird"

The boys looked very excited.

They were loving the story.

I already knew this much of the story and was smiling.

But what was Karn's part here?

Shon continued "I got fascinated by this and decided to test Bhrata. So I made a bird and hung it on a branch and told Bhrata to shoot its eye.Then I asked Bhrata what he could see. He looked at his aim and said 'Nothing' I was really disappointed as I expected him to answer the same as Arjun. The next moment I saw one arrow shot at each of the bird's eye. He shot both the eyes and then said 'You didn't specified which eye'. "

And then he stopped to look at our expressions. We all were looking at him with amaze and too much excitement in our eyes.

No words for Karn. I just want to laugh and cry. How didn't I know this tale? I know nothing at all!!

A few days later, I was eating lunch with Vrushali and Supriya and Radha Kaki. The men had already eaten.

"You should eat more" Vrushali told Supriya.

I giggled.

"Even you should eat more, Amrit" Radha Kaki told.

"But I already eat much more than I used to" I tried to argue.

"Don't argue with my maa. If she said you need to eat more then you should" said a voice from behind me.

I turned and saw Karn.

"Well Angraj if she is your maa then she is my Kaki too. And I have the right to argue with her" I said looking at him.

"Putra come and eat with us. I have looked your favourite food" Kaki said.

"Of course Maa" he said as he sat beside her.

And she started feeding him.

Their love. No doubt Karn loves her more than anyone. Even if he isn't her own son, she loves him more than I think she love Shon. I know one should not compare a mother's love but I have got a weird habit of comparing since I came in this era.

I kept on eating.

"The Pandavas somehow converted that barren Khandavprasth into a beautiful city" Karn started telling Vrushali and Kaki "It's built by the architecture of gods and is named..."

"Indraprasth" I completed him.

"Right" he said looking at me.

After lunch, I saw Karn alone in the balcony.

I joined him but didn't speak a word.

"How did you know that they named there city Indraprasth?" He asked without looking at me.

What should I say? Should I tell him?

I looked at him "Karn actually..."

"I don't need an explanation Amrit" He said looking at me "But I think you should go and meet Panchali after all she is your friend"

"But Karn, after what she said to you..." I tried to deny.

"That's between me and her. You shouldn't destroy your friendship just because of that. And she might need you" He said.

"Ok but not now. I will go there after a few months" I agreed.

"As you wish" He smiled.

Author's Note

Next part will be Amrit in Indraprasth!! Do you think she will meet Arjun there?

And thanks for supporting. My story got 230 views! And is also #2 in Mahabharata