Ozpin: Mmmm...

Glynda: I don't care what his transcripts say. That Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Ozpin: And what of Y/n?

Glynda: (pulling up footage of you) Y/n L/n and Tiberius Bolt, at their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes. (turning back to Ozpin)  Why are you so interested in that boy?

Ozpin: (sips from mug) In time Glynda, the real exam starts when they get to the relics.

Glynda: Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year? (silence) "Professor Ozpin?"

Ozpin doesn't answer, watching his tablet with a contemplating interest as it shows the footage of Ruby Rose sitting in the grass and picking stray leaves while her "partner" Weiss Schnee walks in random directions.

{Time Skip}
Y/n's POV

You and Ty are sprinting through the forest, the sounds of the other students in the area seemed to have died down except for the sound of that on girl's scream that echoed through the forest.

Ty: I think I see a clearing up ahead.

You: Finally.

Ikaros perched on one of the pillars of the ruins. You could also see that you weren't the only ones to arrive, You saw a couple familiar faces like Yang, Ruby, Jaune and Pyrrha along with a few unfamiliar ones. You and Ty walk over to join the group when you noticed a giant death stalker on ice.

You: And here I thought we'd be the first ones here.

Ty: Why is that Grimm frozen over there?

Yang: Hey Y/n, glad you could join us.

Weiss: And That Grimm was handled by me.

You rolled your eyes at Weiss who was obviously proud of herself. Everyone's attention suddenly goes to the sky when you heard the screech of a giant Nevermore coming your way.

Jaune: Guys? That thing's circling back! What are we gonna do?

Weiss: Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us.

Ruby: She's right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the Cliffs. (nods to Weiss) There's no point in fighting these things.

Jaune: Run and live - that's an idea I can get behind!

You: Right about that, (pushes Ty forward) Go grab us a relic partner.

Ty: (surprised) Me? Are you sure.

You: (shrugs) Of course.

Ruby goes over and grabs a gold knight, Jaune takes hold of a gold rook, and Ty takes the gold king piece. The three smiling at each other. The Death Stalker continues to fight its bonds, cracking the ice a little in the process.

Ren: Time we left!

{Time Skip}

The ten race over the ancient stone bridge, not noticing the Nevermore closing in on them until it uses its giant wings to shatter the path right in the middle, forcing You, Ruby, Weiss, Yang, Nora, and Jaune closer to the central collection of columns and leaving Ty, Blake, Ren, and Pyrrha on the other side with the Death Stalker. Ruby fires at the retreating Nevermore while Blake is beaten back by the scorpion.