"You and Latoshi are making news reports for all the wrong reasons," Fireball remarked. Antoshi sighed, sharply, getting up from his seat. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," Antoshi replied, retrieving his shoes by the door and heading back to the table to put them on. "It's just that, ... well, I know the police have to investigate these things. I just wish they weren't involved. I'm worried more people are going to end up getting hurt or killed over this pointless war between Latoshi and myself."

"Yeah, I understand," Fireball said, quietly. "This is all so terrible..."

"I better get started training as soon as I can," Antoshi said, getting up from the table once more.

"But, you didn't finish your breakfast!"

"That's all right. I'm not really hungry after what I just saw, anyway." He got up and headed for the TV. Fireball quickly scarfed down as much food from both of their plates as he could.

"City and regional officials are asking for the public's help," the reporter said. "If you have any information—"

After Antoshi shut off the TV, he turned to his friend. Fireball quickly got up, wiping his maw with a napkin which he quickly tossed onto the table. Antoshi slung a towel over his shoulder before they headed out once again. He was eager to put into practice what he'd learned in his books.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

A few hours had passed after the start of Antoshi's rigorous training session. The two friends fell onto their backsides, facing each other, panting from exhaustion.

"Nice moves, Antoshi," Fireball remarked with a grin.

Antoshi smiled back. "Thanks." He grabbed the towel and wiped the sweat from his face.

"You've gotten way faster and way stronger since that fight with Latoshi already. You learned a lot of really good stuff. I know I'm not going to doubt the power of books ever again." Antoshi chuckled. "By the way, thanks for taking it easy on me. I could tell based off our previous training sessions that you pulled your punches this time."

"I don't want you to get hurt anymore, Fireball. That's the whole reason I'm even doing this." Fireball nodded in understanding. Antoshi gazed down at his open hands, scuffed with dirt. "I want to keep others from getting hurt, but I have to fight with Latoshi. I hate not being able to resolve this peacefully, but I have no choice."

"I know how bad you feel having to do this. I'm sure you'll beat him this time, though, Antoshi. Then, you can put it behind you."

"Maybe. I mean, I certainly hope so. If there was a way I didn't have to fight him, I'd rather take that road instead. At the same time, I still have ... so much anger. I still feel that rage every time I think about what he did to you, what he said to me, and about my family..." Antoshi's irises glowed bright with the shimmering, red hue of his Ki. He clenched his fists tightly, his aura suddenly erupting to life around his body in an almost explosive fashion. Fireball was taken aback by the sheer pressure being given off by the boy's fiery energy. "The police can't do anything about this — they don't even know what they're looking for, or where to start. They're just going to end up as more potential casualties. I can't let things go on this way."

"Antoshi," Fireball said, grabbing his friend's attention. "I care about you, and what happens to you. You're my best friend. This anger, though, it isn't like you at all. ... I don't want you to lose yourself."

Antoshi sighed and shook his head. His aura faded from his body. "If that's what it takes to defeat Latoshi, then ... I may just have to."

The boy got to his feet, walking away to resume his training. He threw a few rapid-fire combos of straight punches and jabs with such speed that it made them audible. Fireball sat and watched his friend with concern.