Gregor smiled as I smiled and when I finally stopped talking he leaned and kissed me.

"What was that for?" I smirked.

"Because you looked cute," muttered Gregor and pecked my cheek.

"Surely I look cute all the time. As a constant state of being," I rebuked.

Gregor shrugged. "True, and if kissing you all the time was an option I would do it."

I rolled my eyes. "We really should go now."

"Yeah, yeah," pouted Gregor and got up. I called my rabbit. It emerged from the darkness and slipped into my pocket.

***

We walked down the hallway until we reached a central circular room with a dome ceiling. There was a grand chandelier hung from the centre of the ceiling and reflected the electric lights. I spun a couple times as I looked the dangling crystals. This could have been a lavish manor- or maybe it once was. Right now it was a plain evil lair, the Earl must be a minimalist. Four hallways spread out from the central hall.

"Which way do you want to go?" asked Gregor.

"Um... well- wait! I know," I yelped and took my rabbit from the pocket. It shook and hopped in my palm. I had no idea to what degree of sentience and awareness my familiars had but they were pretty good at finding my earphones when I lost them and really good at finding each other. I could feel a weak connection, like threads to my familiars so there might be a connection between them as well.

"Can you find Gregor's shadow? It probably similar to you. Please," I said. The bunny hopped on my hand and floated up in the air.

Gregor walked to me, "do you think that will work?" He sounded doubtful.

I was doubtful as well but it wouldn't be the most impossible things that happened today so I was also a bit hopeful. The rabbit danced in the air, running in circles until it finally chose a direction- the hallway to the left of the one we came from. We followed it, Gregor squeezed the handle of his axe and kept looking over his shoulder.

"The fire demons won't be much of a problem since they are sans magic now," I said trying to calm his nervousness.

Castor half snorted, half chuckled, "Maybe. But their magic will come back to them soon."

"What? But I took their shadows!" I rebuked.

"Elementals aren't as sensitive to magic manipulation as someone like me. It's a different magic system for them."

"A different magic system? Don't all demons practice dark magic?" I said.

Gregor turned to me with a knitted brow and ajar mouth like I had said something so stupid/offensive he could not process it.

"No, we have four completely different magic systems and dozens of different styles of magic steaming from them," explained Gregor, he sounded as offended as when I made the fire and brimstone comment at the train station.

"Sorry, I didn't know," I muttered.

Gregor smiled and shrugged. "It's fine. But I'm a bit fearful about all the other misconceptions you must have about me and the demon world."

"Maybe you could explain the four magic systems then, so I don't say something stupid later," I smirked.

"Alright," said Gregor who either didn't notice or ignored my sarcasm.

"So the four types are magic manipulation, material manipulation, elemental magic and emotional magic. I practice both magic manipulation and emotional magic-"