S 1 Ep 3

Esqueleto

Miguel was practicing on punching while Cherry was stretching. "Hey kids, you don't happen to have any friends interested in karate? Who am I kidding, Miguel wouldn't." Cherry chuckled and looked over at Johnny. "I'm surprisingly not friends with a lot, but I'll ask." "Really? I thought you'd be popular." "I may be from Encino, but I'm not stuck up." "Hey, sensei," Miguel cut in, "When are we going to learn some kicking?" Cherry stood up. "I already know how to kick." "And you're not ready. Besides, if I don't get more students in here I won't be able to teach you two anything."

Miguel and Cherry shared a look.

"You have thought about advertising, right?" The female asked.

It was silent for a moment.

"Yeah, duh. . . Of course."

Cherry sighed and faced Miguel.

× × × ×

Cherry had changed into a red, knee length velvet skirt and a crop white sweater. Zipping up her boots, she grabbed her things and quickly heated up a pre-made breakfast burrito. With her bag in one hand and the burrito in the other, she headed for her car and drove off to school.

School was rather uneventful until lunch. Cherry was sitting next to Miguel, her head on his shoulder. The vice principal was talking about cyberbullying and how they should stop. "Now, I'm not going to say names, but a mother called me the other day. Said that her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity."

Everyone began to stare at Eli as he covered his lip.

Cherry glared at the lady and Miguel put his hand ontop of hers. "Calm down." "She basically called Eli out," Cherry hissed. Miguel sighed before wrapping his arm around the girl and pulling her even more towards him. "But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students." "You know, if you're sick of getting bullied, our karate dojo is looking for recruits," Miguel told the boys. "Yeah, right," started Demetri. "You hear that Eli? A little karate training and you're going to kick some major ass." "We're serious," glared Cherry. "Our sensei's the real deal."

"And I'm sure I can get him to give you both discounts," Miguel added.

Demetri denied yet again, and Cherry noticed that Eli looked upset. She gave him a small smile, in which he returned. The vice principal began to speak yet again, gaining everyone's attention.

"Oh, and one last thing. I know you're looking forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example, instead of 'sexy nurse', maybe try gender neutral hospital employee."

Cherry sighed and nuzzled her head into Miguel's shoulder.

"What are you going as, Cherry?"

"A cherry."

The guys chuckled and Cherry bit into an apple.

"I'm kidding, I'm going as Sandy from Grease. The part when she turns full greaser." The guys all nodded and Cherry waved at them when the bell rang.

× × × ×

Cherry was waiting at the dojo, Miguel joining her. "Where's sensei?" Cherry shrugged and said, "Maybe he's running late." Miguel nodded and they both waited. After a while, Johnny finally arrived. "Sensei, you told us to be here at five, right?" "Yeah, but today's training is cancelled." "What? Why?" "Because I said so." Johnny unlocked the door and headed inside. Miguel hesitated before taking Cherry's hand and dragging her inside. "Wait, sensei. I want to show you something."