When Andorra and Melisande crawled out of the in between, Oberon was the first to wrap his arms around his mother, tears streaming down his face. Both were sobbing and hugging, refusing to let each other go.

It was then that Andorra realized just how serious this attack was.

"Who is attacking?" She asked Lithe, fear laced in her voice, After seeing just how freaked out Melisande was, it was hard not to be afraid. That woman was so strong willed that Andorra knew they had to be something really wrong.

"T-the Daemonium. They found us. A whole bunch of them. You know about them, right? How they kill fae."

Andorra pictured the creatures from school, when they had been hunting her down. It had been nothing short of terrifying, and she had only dealt with them one on one. She couldn't imagine a pack of them, attacking.

"We need to get everyone out. It has to be now. I'm going into town and I'm going to bring them to Anlithamy."

Oberon jumped to his feet. "You aren't ready. Andorra, I adore you, and I believe in you, but I saw your nose bleed that day with Sir Noah. There are hundreds in town, and if one extra person made your nose bleed..."

Andorra already made up her mind. "We're doing this now. We don't have a choice, unless killing all the Daemonium is a choice."

"But what if it kills you?"

She didn't have time to think about that possibility. This was her job, what she was born to do, and it didn't matter if she died. Not when everyone else could die without her help. She pictured Anlithamy and then stepped in between. She pictured Princess Carling and hoped that this would work. It had to work.

She stumbled into Anlithamy, surprising Carling and Carolia. "My dear, you're back!" Carling said, looking at Andorra, confusion in her eyes. She watched it dawn on her that something might have been going on. "Something is wrong."

"They're being slaughtered off!" Andorra was frantic, her words coming out faster than usual. "I need to bring everyone here now. I need a place for them. Where is the winter court?"

Carling waved her hand. "Bring them here. I will handle it." She was suddenly in Court Leader mode. She snapped her fingers, and three guards rushed to her side, their face carefully blank. "Call all the guards. We will be bringing the snow clan back to Anlithamy, and we need help."

She looked at Andorra and gave her a nod. "Go, bring them through. They will be safe here, I promise."

Andorra wrapped her arms around Carling, hugging the woman tight. "Thank you." She couldn't express her thanks right in that moment; there wasn't enough time. She closed her eyes and pictured Oberon and prayed she wasn't too late.

When Andorra was back in Oberon's room, she opened the gate on both sides. It made her feel car sick for a moment, having both sides open, but she ignored it. "I need the three of you to go through first. Please. Just trust me."

Oberon was the first, without hesitation. He stood, grabbed his mother, and pushed her through. Andorra helped Melisande exit the other side, then Lithe when she stepped through, and then finally Oberon, who gave her a long hug.

"If this is the end for us, and you don't make it through..." his voice was rough. He closed his eyes and hugged her again. "You are one of my best friends. I love you. I will always cherish our friendship, Princess."

Andorra hugged him back, just as hard. "It's Andy. Call me Andy."

* * *

THE SEQUEL IS ALMOST HERE!

Go check it out on my page and leave a vote on the prologue! I'll be picking a random voter to dedicate my first chapter to!

GOLDEN will be released January 1, 2021

See you soon ;)