She kept her head down and began walking hastily, out of the line of sight, moving until she was safely hidden against the side of a building down an alleyway. Her heart was pounding and she was sweating as she shrugged off her jacket, her hat, her gloves, and her scarf. There was little she could do about her boots, but just getting rid of her jacket made her feel better.

She leaned against the wall, her mood immediately lifted. Just being there made her feel more at ease, like she could breathe easier. She waited a moment, just breathing, thinking about how this was her home, where she actually belonged. Not at the snow clan, not in Maine, not in California. Here.

Anlithamy smelled sweet, like a bakery, or like her mother's homemade cookies on a rainy day. It felt immediately better, like when the first warm day in spring hits and everyone is ready to be in a good mood. That was what it felt like to be in Anlithamy, and Andorra was immediately struck by the idea that she didn't want to leave.

Not now, not ever.

She realized that she didn't really have to leave if she didn't want to. She could leave the whole Snow Clan behind, and the thought was tempting. She was hurt by Noah, by the Clan Leader, by those who had believed she were truly nothing more than a dumb girl raised by humans.

But Oberon. And Lithe. And Melisande. She couldn't leave them behind.

"Hey, you!"

She turned towards the voice, watched the look of surprise pass the woman's face. She looked pleasant enough, like a mother who cared about all of the neighborhood kids and cooked dinner for anyone who needed it, regardless of family relation. She was on the shorter side, with a round face and hair tucked back in a bandana. Wisps of hair escaped the fabric, curling around her face, making her look as though she had just come from work.

"You... you're the Princess! Oh my goodness, at last! You're here!"

Andorra put her hands up, her cheeks reddening, surprised at those words. She hadn't expected to be recognized so quickly, and she wasn't ready to be noticed. "Yeah, I am." She wanted to say shhh, but she felt that it would be rude, even though she was desperate to stay hidden.

The woman smiled, her cheeks red. "Wait until I tell my husband! Everyone said you wouldn't come, but I knew you would!"

Andorra's eyes darted back and forth, making sure no one else recognized her, but no one even stopped to look down the alleyway. The main street was so busy, people walked by without second thought, not caring about what was happening outside of the hustle and bustle. "I'm actually not supposed to be here yet."

The woman gave her an understanding look, eyeing the busy street. "Oh. Oh. So me shouting isn't helping, is it?" She let out a laugh, a hand on her chest. "Well, while you figure out what you're doing, do you want to step into my shop? My daughter's in there working, but she won't cause no fuss!"

Andorra thought about it, watching as someone lingered around the mouth of the alleyway, and she gave a hasty nod. The woman ushered Andorra forward towards a door in the alley, the one she must have stepped out of moments before. Andorra followed the woman into a shop entrance, reading the words A Seamstress' Paradise painted on the window.

As they stepped through the door, a bell rang overhead, a sweet little chime. A girl popped up from behind the counter, a box in her arms. She looked no older than Andorra with reddish hair and freckles across the bridge of her nose. Her hair was bound back in braids, loose hairs framing her face.

"Hey momma," she said in a tired voice, her eyes flitting towards Andorra. "Who is this?"

"Take a closer look and tell me you don't know!" Excitement filled the woman's voice as she ushered Andorra closer. The girl stepped from behind the counter, showing off a school uniform. It was sunflower yellow sweater and matching skirt, with a white oxford peeking out from the collar. White thigh high socks accompanied the uniform, ending in yellow flats.