Odds and Ends

Word Count: 608

Pairings: Sherlock Holmes x Reader

Warnings: slight gore, like a very tiny bit

A/N: Feel free to drop me a request, and enjoy the story! I loved writing this one!

Summary: John’s always wondered where Sherlock got the body parts he puts in the fridge or basically any of his other strange things. He definitely wasn’t expecting Sherlock to get it all from one little shop.

……………………………………………………

John stared at the small shop nestled between two larger building. It would be easy to miss if he hadn’t been looking for it. He stared at the sign for a moment.

~Odds and Ends~

John furrowed his eyebrows, wondering just what exactly this shop could possibly sell. He hurried after Sherlock and into the shop. John wasn’t sure how to describe it, this small shop seemed as though it had nearly everything. The little bell above the door chimed faintly.

“Just a moment! Des got loose again!”

“Might be wise to put a lock on his cage, having a vampire bat on the loose can’t be good for business. This is the third time he has gotten out.” Sherlock called back to the voice.

John nearly had a heart attack when you suddenly hung down from the ceiling beams. You glared at Sherlock playful, pretending to be insulted by the suggestion.

“Oh but that’s boring!” You sighed.

You climbed down the ladder and walked over to them. You gave John a once over, narrowing your eyes.

“Who’s this? Looking to donate by any chance? I certainly hope so.”

John opened his mouth to respond but didn’t get a chance to. Sherlock jumped in, hoping to move the conversation along.

“He’ll be keeping his limbs attached I’m afraid.”

“What a shame.”

You shrugged and moved around the counter to the cash register.

“My limbs? What?”

You gave John a cryptic smile that made him slightly uncomfortable.

“People donate things to me, weapons, antiques, body parts.”

Sherlock smirked upon seeing John’s disbelieving look.

“They donate, body parts!?”

“I mean I pay of course, they have spending money and in the event of their death I get well them.”

You said it so casually, so carefree. John had no idea what to say to that and Sherlock decided to change the subject.

“Yes, well as interesting as this may be I am here for my package Y/N. Do you have it yet?”

You looked almost offended that he would even have to ask.

“Of course I do! Try to think of something I don’t have.”

You disappeared into the back and John looked at Sherlock in absolute disbelief.

“Where did you even find her?”

Sherlock gave him a look that said 'really' and John rolled his eyes.

“Of course, stupid question this is you we’re talking about.”

You walked back in carrying boxes of various sizes. You sat them on the counter and leaned forward on your arms.

“One jar of eyeballs, a femur bone, and a vile of saliva from a Desmodus rotundus.”

John looked confused and you laughed slightly.

“Vampire bat spit.”

“Resourceful as always Y/N. I’ll need sulfuric acid next time if you can.” Sherlock said grabbing the boxes.

“Of course I can, and I’ll add these to your tab yeah?”

Sherlock nodded and you flipped open a book, marking something down.

“How did…why would…”

John seemed to be struggling to find the words to say and Sherlock wasn’t about to wait around for him to get them out.

“I will see you next time.”

“You owe me dinner Sherlock!”

“Have a good day Y/N.” Sherlock called over his shoulder.

“Friday Sherlock! I like that cafe on 3rd street!”

Sherlock walked out and you smirked, shaking your head. John stood there a moment and you raised an eyebrow.

“See you around Dr. Watson.”

John hurried to catch up to Sherlock and you laughed. Your phone chimed and you glanced at it.

I’ll pick you up at 5, try not to be late this time.

-SH

You smiled to yourself, slipping your phone back into your pocket.