Everything Will Be Ok

Word Count: 635

Pairings: Sherlock x Reader

Warnings: angst, mentions of death

A/N: Feel free to drop me a request, and enjoy the story!

Summary: Your mother passed away, the only family you ever had. You locked yourself away in your home and tried to shut out the world. It’s the sciopath detective who holds you and tells you it will be ok.

……………………………………………………

You stared out the window, watching the raindrops roll down the glass. The food you attempted to eat sat forgotten on your kitchen table. You pulled your knees to your chest, the sinking feeling in your chest only growing worse. You ignored your phone ringing for the fifth time this hour. It wasn’t like you couldn’t grab it, it was sitting on the coffee table right in front of you. You vaguely registered your apartment door opening and footsteps coming up the stairs. You didn’t turn to see who it was, you didn’t have the energy to care.

“Y/N?”

It was Sherlock, he walked in, and looked around, your apartment was dark, a stark contrast to how it normally was. Sherlock took note of the blank expression on your face. The hollow look in your normally bright eyes.

“No one has heard from you for days, I suspected you had cut yourself off from the world.”

You didn’t respond and he frowned.

“Seems as though I was correct.”

“Good for you.”

You tried to sound sarcastic but it came out so monotone. Sherlock was silent for a moment as if trying to find the right words to attempt to comfort you. Sentiment was not something he was good at. He walked over to you kneeling down in front of you.

“I’m not good with emotions Y/N, but I am worried about you.”

You tried to force a smile or even lie and tell him you were ok, but you just couldn’t your expression was blank. Your voice seemed to fail you.

“I know losing your mother isn’t easy Y/N.” He began.

You glanced at him and he grabbed your hands. You stared at his large hands engulfing your smaller ones. It was almost comforting.

“But I am told crying, or mourning is best, and it would be better, healthier for you to mourn then for to you be… hollow…”

You knew he was trying his best to be there for you. You appreciated it but the emptiness you felt still consumed you.

“I have no tears left to cry Sherlock.”

Your voice was so devoid of emotion, and it made him frown.

“I’m not going to lie to you and tell you everything will be ok, it would pointless, however…”

You looked up at him in question, and he continued.

“I’ll tell you everything is ok when I know you will be ok.”

You were shocked by his caring words. Sherlock stood up silently watching you for a moment, deducing you. Normally you would tell him not to do that, give him a look, warning him you would throw something at him if he didn’t stop. But you didn’t and something in him ached at the fact you couldn’t even react.

“When was the last time you slept? And don’t lie, I can see the bags under your eyes.” He said.

You shrugged looking at the falling rain. Sherlock sighed and suddenly lifted you into his arms. You looked at him confused.

“Sherlock?”

“You need to sleep.”

He carried you back into your bedroom, laying you in your bed. He pulled your comforter over you and turned to leave, turning off your lamp.

“I’ll send John to check on you later, I’ll have him bring you some food and-”

You had suddenly grabbed his arm, holding him tightly. He looked down at you and you were quite for a moment, just staring at the ceiling. He waited patiently, and you finally looked at him.

“Please…”

Your voice broke and you held back tears.

“…don’t leave.”

Sherlock nodded and walked around to the other side of the bed. He got into bed beside you and hesitated a moment before wrapping his arms around you. You turned around burying your face in his chest.

“Everything will be ok Y/N.”