chapter 23

"You married my mother without consulting me!" Johnny yelled at his wife as she held her stomach

"Stop it John! The baby doesn't need all of our yelling." Mackenzie said, as she rubbed her large belly. It's been a year and they are having another baby. "I signed that paper for my country. We did the same last year to my mother, and your father just died, it's better this way." She said, then a servant helped her get up and put on her shoes.

"Don't you dare marry off another family member of mine without my knowing." He warned her.

"The deal fell through. Your mother was sobbing from her husband's death before their wedding." Mackenzie told him. "And never, ever do that to me again." She said, then slapped him and walked out.

She walked down to the throne room, and Johnny soon sat beside her. "Mama!" Their, now 3 year old son ran to his mother.

"Edward, my son." She hugged him close, then he ran up to his father.

"Papa!" Johnny held his son, then Edward ran back to his nanny.

"I'm going to see them today." Mackenzie informed her husband, then left before he could respond.

"Freddie, my son. Oh Finn." She last saw them 5 months ago, they were so big now.

"They've been lined up already. I'm sorry but this is the last time you'll see them sister." Mackenzie cried, as she held the two boys.

Each with dark brown hair like hers yet the piercing blue eyes like the traitor who impregnated her. "Mama loves you." Mackenzie said, then gave them each a book to remember her.

"Eat up, before the food gets cold." Johnny said to his wife.

"You promised me no one would take them!" She screamed at him. "You promised!" She yelled, then he motioned for everyone to leave the room.

"Calm down." He said. "I never wanted this. I knew you would be upset but it's best for those children. You know it. They'll be raised near London by a somewhat wealthy family. They won't be separated, the deals done."

"Those children aren't deals, they just turned one and I couldn't be there. I will never forgive you for this." She spat, then stormed out and to their chamber.