chapter 7

Kenzie's POV

Kenzie's POV

I got ready and wore a beautiful gown. It was red and had gems and jewels.

I wore a special tiara passed down from my grandmother

I wore a special tiara passed down from my grandmother. My ladies came in and excused the servants. Lexi fixes up my hair and then they gave me a small scold.

"Remember. Your future husband might be in that room. So, act on your best behavior, don't drink too much wine." Brynn started.

"Don't you dare leave one of our sights." Jayden said.

"And never, ever, speak to Johnny, Hayden, Lauren, or Annie unless necessary." Nadia ended.

"Ok, ok. Now, I am parched. Can you hand me my water?" They did then I drank a sip. "You girls look lovely though." I said.

Brynn wore a yellow cream dress with a bit of light floral design on the top part.

Jayden wore a dark green with blue embroidery and the sleeves ended at her elbows.

Lexi wore a very dark royal blue dress with short sleeves and white embroidery.

Lastly, Nadia wore a light blue dress with white designs on the sleeves which were see through and had white fabric flowers.

All of them had either their family crest on or a headpiece. I wore my family's crest and a ring from England.

We all walked out and went down to the dining room. We were told we were one of the last ones and that my father was to be the last.

We walked in and everyone stood as I was a royal of the family. My ladies and I took a seat and when I sat, everyone else did as well.

My father then came in, giving my cheek a kiss then sat in his chair beside me. My ladies were on the other side and my mother was across from me.

"Father. Where's Jessica?" I asked him in a quiet voice.

"She's not feeling too well. It's been a long trip." He said then the food came.

After we all ate, we went to the throne room and my father sat on his throne as my mother sat on hers. Many people talked and danced.

I took a glass of wine and sipped it as I talked to some people from the court.

"Any idea when you will marry? My nephew in Spain is looking for a wife. His older brother is married but no sign of any children. You could easily become queen of Spain." A duke said.

"Maybe. Maybe not." I looked to the side and saw Jayden calling me with a gentle wave. "Excuse me". I excused myself then went over to Jayden. "What happened?" I asked.

"I over heard the servants saying Hayden and Annie have been, vigorous in the bed. Do you know what that means?" Jayden said.

"Annie has always been conservative with her virtue. No way that's true." I said

"Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't." Jayden said then we talked.

"I'm getting quite tired. I think I'll retire to my chambers." I said then walked up to my father and mother. "Father, mother." I curtsied. "I am going to retire to my chambers." I said then gave each of them a kiss on the cheek then walked to my chambers.

I went by myself. When I was walking, I heard Johnny call out my name. I turned around and saw him run to me.

"What do you-" he cut me off with a kiss. My foolish self kissed back.

"I'm so sorry. Ok. We never meant this to happen. Kenzie," he took my hands in his. Yet I was paralyzed and didn't move. "I will always love you. I really, really do. I may not be a royal, but I have a title. In some twisted way, I am a future king of Baranold. I love you." He finished.

"Well, I don't love you. No matter what you just spoke, I don't marry sons of dukes. I marry kings or first in line princes. I have higher standards." I said then walked off to my chambers. On the inside, maybe I did want to marry him. Maybe I didn't. All I knew was- I can't let my country down.