chapter 15

Kenzie's POV

Kenzie's POV

It's been a month since my father's funeral and a month and two weeks since me and Johnny have gotten engaged. We're so happy and I'm taking care of my younger siblings who are almost one I believe.

I've been so busy with the wedding for me and also Maddie's return. She and her children are safe in the castle.

"Hello my love." Johnny said as he approached me in the halls and kissed me. Finally we can kiss in the halls. We're getting married in a few days and I just can't wait. Not much love is found in royalty.

We kissed for a few then walked to the garden. I held my hands together as we walked through the garden. "You're not gonna do that to me, are you?" I asked him.

"Do what?" He asked.

"Take my crown. You shouldn't think I've forgotten about that day." I said.

"Of course I didn't. I was drunk, we all were. Just had too much to drink. I will never do that to you." He said then we kissed and went back inside where I had a meeting with the advisors and the council.

-

After what felt like years, I was done with meetings. All of them were men and they hated I was there because of my sex. Some were disgusted by my presence, others were just full on ignoring my ideas for my country. Not theirs, mine.

They all want the power I have and the power they can't get. They know I am more powerful than all of them combined, and that's not gonna change anytime soon.

I got to my chamber where I saw Johnny lighting up candles all around the room. "What are you doing here love?" I asked as he swooped me up using one arm as he kissed my lips with such passion.

We stopped before it getting any further, then he went to his chambers. I fell asleep, with dreams of my father when I was a young child. I dream about him, sometimes it's memories, but others I believe are signs from heaven.

My father has always told me that when he dies, his memories never do and he'd protect me like how his father did. If only his father could've protected him when he was dying. But we all leave this world after we've served our time.

———

The next dawn, I was setting up my wedding as more guests arrived for the wedding in two days. They'd be staying at the court with many others.

"When is the coronation?" Queen of England asked.

"After the wedding. Sir John and I agreed to have the coronation after our wedding. Maybe a month." I spoke then talked to more people.

I went to the barns and saw Johnny, Hayden, Lauren, and Annie petting the horses.

"Hello love." Johnny greeted me then kissed my lips.

"You were here all along? Some of The guests arrived already and you were supposed to be there with me. Why aren't you taking it seriously?" I screamed at him as Lauren, Annie, and Hayden walked away.

"I am taking this seriously. Kenzie, I love you and that's all that matters. I forgot today was when the guests started to arrive, and I just took a walk with Hayden and the girls." He apologized then kissed me.

"Fine. But you have to be there for dinner." I scolded him then walked to my chamber.

I got ready for the dinner as everything got set.

I then walked out after placing my crown on my head then went to the dinning room

I then walked out after placing my crown on my head then went to the dinning room. "You're late." Maddie smiled at me.

"A queen is never late. Everyone is simply early." (Hahah, you get it?) I stated then the doors opened.

Everyone arose as I entered, they bowed and curtsied as I walked to my seat where Johnny sat next to me.

"Thank you all for coming. You may be seated." I declared then they all sat down.

We all erupted in conversation and many asked about the wedding, specifically the wives. The men talked about politics with John since he'd be the new king and they wanted to suck up to him.

Maddie sat on the other side of me, obviously hating it. She's always hated dinners like these, she's only been to 5 in total while I've been to hundreds, but she's always hated royal gatherings. No matter what it was.

"Maddie? Are you alright?" I asked her and she nodded slightly. "You can go rest, be with your children." I told her.

"No, they're fine with the nannies. It will be a bad image for you. It's fine." She spoke then put a smile on her face.

"You can leave. I know you want to." I told her.

"No, I'm fine. I'd be selfish of me to go." She said then we all finished up dinner and headed to the ballroom where music was played and we all danced.

"A dance, to the queen and future king." Someone said as the dance floor cleared out for me and Johnny.

Johnny held out his hand and I took it to dance.

A few hours later we all went to bed and I said my goodnight to Johnny.

Ten votes five comments