chapter 22

Mackenzie's POV

Mackenzie's POV

I woke up, a hand caressing my face. "Call the physician. My wife is awake." I heard my husband's voice. I tried to look up, but it hurt to move anything. "Sh, it's ok Mackenzie. You'll be alright." I then closed my eyes, and my sight was blurred and then I fell asleep.

"Your majesty, wake up." I heard a child's voice.

"Child, get away from her majesty." An elder woman's voice told the child.

"She's awake!" I opened my eyes fully, and saw my room filled with people.

"What happened?" I asked, then looked to my side.

I saw the door open, and everyone bowed as my husband walked in. "Everyone leave me and my wife. Now!" He commanded, then came to my side.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked him, as he placed my hand in his. P

"Since last week. It's been 6 days. You woke up two days ago but slept again." He told me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The physician said you were bleeding from the wound. He patched it and healed it with herbs. You're fine now. Just have to be more careful, love." I nodded, then he kissed my forehead and then stood up.

"I am a queen. When can I leave this bed?" I told him.

"When you're strong enough. Our son is waiting to visit you." I nodded, then the door opened and my son ran up to me.

"My child!" I exclaimed in a whisper, then he hugged me. His beautiful green eyes, just like his father's.

"Maddie told me something, and in one month you can go to meet them." I knew what he meant. But why?

"I don't need to. They're fine. I just wanna fulfill my queen duties." I told him, though it hurt me. No mother wants to be away from their children. I miss them. Their eyes, so blue like crystals yet their bit of hair so dark and black.

"Alright love. Do you feel ok?" He asked me.

"Fine. May I change? I wanna be queen as soon as possible." I said, trying to get up. My husband helped me, and then my feet hit the cold floor.

I hissed at the sudden shock, especially after being in bed for so long. Johnny grabbed a red gown, and then looked revered servants to help me get dressed. He left, then I got dressed. One layer at a time.

The purple fabric with gold embroidery, flowed over the large amount of fabric already on me. The layers made me hot, but then I got used to it. They slipped on the shoes, and then did my hair. Combed through, then my He door opened and on a purple pillow, was my crown. The official crown.

They placed it on my head, and then I added a beautiful gem necklace. The door opened, and my eyes went to the door. Johnny was back, and then everyone left.

"Come love," He held his hand out for me, and I stood up. My hand in his, and we walked out.

Walking through the halls, we entered the throne room. "Are we still gonna arrange it? Even after, everything?" I asked him, in a quiet tone.

"Yes, he won't wait. They're all we got at a agreement." He said back, then I sat on my throne, and he did too.

"Bring the Queen Mother." Someone ordered, then my mother came in.

"Your majesties." She curtsied. "Please, I don't want this." She begged.

"I'm sorry mother. But the arrangement was made and signed by me and my husband." I told her.

"You will marry King Arch next week." Johnny said, then the papers were given to him.

"He is so old. Nothing compared to me." She argued.

"Mother, we need this. You know how much this kingdom needs King Arch's money and loyalty. He'll be dead on your honeymoon anyways." Maddie said, but I signaled her to step back.

"She is correct mother. Now, pack your bags and find a dress. He'll be here in a week." I said, then she left.