Episode 26 - Ako at hindi siya

Start from the beginning

And I get it.

Alam ko kung ano talaga ang nasa isip niya.

"It's about Kieth, isn't it?"

Just the mention of his name made him furrow his eyebrows and clench his jaw in frustration pero dali dali niya itong tinakpan ng isang ngiti.

An awkward smile, if you will.

"I'm sorry... I tried to be calm about it pero wala eh." He let out a pained laugh.

I felt my heart ache. My conscience hit me hard.

All this time, he was trying to be okay with all of this.

Hindi man lang niya sinabi sa akin dahil na ospital ako. Knowing him, he probably didn't want to make me worry and stress me out.

Ayaw niyang makita ko na nahihirapan siya at pinilit niyang maging okay para sakin.

He's been suffering all alone while I was stuck in that hospital room brooding over Kieth and the food he's been giving me.

What have I been doing?

"Oh V..." Lumapit ako sa kanya at hinawakan ang kanyang kamay.

My other hand found its way to his cheek and made him look at me.

"I'm so sorry." I mirror his pained expression. "I should've noticed sooner."

He held my hand that was on his cheek.

"No, I'm just being childish. Alam ko namang matagal na kayong wala eh... its just..." He stopped mid-sentence and bit his lip.

It was as if natatakot siyang sabihin ang kung anong nasa isip niya.

"Hey, I'm your girlfriend now." I look straight into his eyes and caught him off-guard. "You don't have to feel threatened just because we get to spend time with someone from my past."

Sabi ko sa kanya while also saying it to myself to keep me from doubting.

His troubled eyes soften pero hindi pa rin nawawala ang lungkot sa mukha niya.

"Ikaw na nga ang nagsabi diba? Matagal na kaming wala and it will stay that way. Now stop worrying and let's just do our job. Okay?" I smile to try and reassure him and sure enough, he smiled back.

"Okay."

_ _ _ _ _

V's P.O.V.

"Okay."

I smile back and kiss her forehead.

However, even with her comforting words, hindi ko pa rin kayang balewalain ang nakita ko noong gabing iyon.

Ang gabing nagbago ang lahat.

Akala ko okay lang na magkasama sila sa trabaho.

Na hindi na siya mangengealam sa buhay ni Myrah lalo na't alam niyang nandito ako.

I should've had my guard up since the very first day she told me she saw him.

I didn't even think that he was serious.

I was too confident.

Pero ngayon na alam ko na ang plano niya, hindi ko siya aatrasan.

The uneasy feeling that I had that night is still here and growing.

But she doesn't need to know.

She will never know.

In her eyes, ako ang kasama niya noong gabing iyon.

Ako ang nakahawak sa kanyang kamay.

At ako ang nasa tabi niya.

Ako at hindi siya.

_____________
HAPPY 500+K COMBINED READS FOR BOTH BOOK1 AND 2!

Thank you so much for waiting and for reading this far! I am very grateful for all the love you guys have given to all the characters! Thank you so so much!

Next update will be around Monday or Tuesday.

Also, please leave a VOTE and COMMENT! I would love to hear what you guys think of the recent episodes!

That's all for now, see you in the next update! <3

~ Ms. Author~