34. It's Raining Apologies

Zeke's hands began to wonder up and down her body. She was waking in her room with the man that broke her heart the night before. His hardness ground into her cloth covered ass. Nothing was happening before they had a talk.

Turning in his arms she looked at him.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." She said tentatively.

"I'm sorry, Lia. I'm so damn sorry I reacted the way I did. I didn't want to believe you. How could I not see it?"

"What changed your mind?" Talia asked.

"I went back to my parents. At first, they denied it, then my mom's shirt moved, and I saw the bruises. She made an excuse about it. When I walked over to my dad I smelled the alcohol. I knocked him out then called the police. With an ultimatum of choosing me or dad, mom pressed charges. Dad is back in jail."

"Ok."

Silence built up a wall between them. There was so much being left unsaid.

"I'm sorry." He squeezed her closer.

"You said that."

"Can I make it up to you?"

Pulling away from him, Talia sat on the edge of her bed. She looked out the window to the horse ring below. "You hurt me last night."

"I know. I-"

"No. I need to talk now. You need to shut it." He nodded. "You hurt me. I felt a pain I never want to feel again. After you left, I called Jeremiah. He told me if you apologized I should give you a chance. If you didn't, he was going to pick me up at the airport in L.A."

"Ok." He said quietly.

"I'm still on the fence. I don't know if I want to be in a relationship with someone who jumps to conclusions all the time. That I am the bad guy all the time. I can't live like that. No matter what I feel about that person."

"What do you feel?"

Talia looked over her shoulder at him. "That doesn't matter right now."

Zeke nodded. "What can I do?"

"I don't know." He deflated with her words.

"Can you not leave today? Give me a bit of time to make it up to you."

Talia's lips thinned. "Ok."

Zeke smiled. "Thank you."

Without another word, Talia walked to the bathroom shutting the door. Taking her time, she meticulously showered, brushed her teeth and applied light make-up. When she finally exited the bathroom, Zeke was gone. He left a note on her pillow with a rose. Where he got the rose she had no clue.

Lia,

I'm sorry, again.

I forgot to tell you we would be getting more visitors today.

I need help with something.

Please Help!

Zeke

Talia quickly dressed and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Addie was preparing breakfast while Zeke, Terence and Max sat at the table. They all looked up when she approached. Max looked at her with disdain, Terence with indifference and Zeke with sadness.

"So, what is this something you need help with?" Talia stood in front of them with her arms crossed.

Zeke cleared his throat. "You've heard of the Bucket List Program, right?"