H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:19:

Start from the beginning

If Kenny wasn't at my side, I'd probably be freaking out - and I only had a few minutes before people would started coming to take pictures.

"If your bag is anywhere, someone has it at the desk." I told her, turning the corner and froze, seeing a girl with brown curly hair in a bun rub her eyes.

I stared, tilting my head to the side and ran, grinning and picked Lauren up in my arms, spinning her around as I kissed her cheek.

"Hi." She said, her arms tightening around my neck as I kissed her cheek again.

"Hi baby." I laughed, setting her down and cupped her cheeks in my hands. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you. I missed you, and I couldn't wait till this weekend."

"I missed you too." I smiled, leaning down a little to kiss her. "You got my mom in on it."

"Yeah, and you believed it too." Mom said and I turned, smiling at her before I looked at Lauren.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her, grinning still as I held her cheeks in my hands, moving my thumbs slowly.

"Yeah, but I don't look good. I woke up, threw on some clothes, then got on a plane to see you."

"Aw, no you look beautiful. You're so pretty."

"I look like I just woke up."

"No you don't." I shook my head, tucking back a loose curl that had fallen out of her bun. "I promise. I wouldn't lie to you."

"Ok." She smiled, pecking my lips gently and took my hand. "How was your day?"

"It was ok. What about you?"

"I slept a lot, so I'd say it was pretty good."

"I'm glad to hear it." I kissed the side of her head, taking a step or two in front of her as a small crowd started forming.

"Where are we going for dinner?"

"Honestly, I don't know." I shrugged. "Nobody told me anything, but somehow I agreed to go."

"Well good. Then I would have had to get Kenny to pick me up and take me to your hotel."

"He would have done it, but I would have felt bad. You could have hinted."

"That's not fun!" She laughed, playfully hitting my arm and then left her hand around it. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled at her, following a little faster behind Kenny as I tugged her along.

We were out as quickly as we could be, paparazzi following tightly behind our tracks as we got to the car.

"Get in first." I whispered in her ear.

"No, you get in first. I can't sit on your lap if I get in first."

"Alright." I laughed, pecking her cheek and Moshe opened the door, while Kenny put Lauren's suitcase in the back.

I ducked inside, putting my hands on her hips and sat her on my lap as he shut the door.

"See, I can be good at surprises too." She told me.

"You made my day. I bet you Carin was in on it too, because we were talking before we left."

"Really? What about?" She asked, brushing her hand against my cheek as she adjusted herself on my lap.

"I was just bummed. I missed you, I hadn't seen you in a few weeks. You know, but it's funny how that worked out."

"Yeah, it sure is."