H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:19:

Start from the beginning

"I just want it to work. I have that feeling, and with all of this going on I get paranoid that anytime she calls me might be the time she ends it, because I know I won't be the one to. I fought to much to finally be with her."

"Then talk to her about it. Talking to me won't help nearly as much as it will talking to her."

"Yeah." I sighed. "But like I said, I just want her to be happy."

"I can tell you one thing kiddo, you make her really happy."

"You think?"

"I know you do. Especially after what Kenny told me about your little reunion a few weeks ago."

"Oh, that." I blushed, looking down at the ground and shook my head a little. "He wouldn't let me get her."

"He had a good reason. Especially with all those paparazzi."

"Yeah, I know, but still. That's another thing I just can't stand. I just wish I could - and I know I can't. Just like I can't walk outside my hotel room - or apparently I can't date her without it being about publicity."

I grumbled the last part, giving a slight eyeroll as I looked up at her again.

"Who said that?"

"Chaz - and everyone else."

"Chaz said that?" She asked, her mouth hanging open slightly.

"Yeah," I said softly. "And he called her a slut."

"Oh my god. When did that happen?"

"A few weeks ago now. I haven't talked to him since then."

"I can't believe he said that - let alone even think it."

"I know, he's lucky Ryan pulled me off of him when he did."

"I'm really sorry. So you're not talking to him?"

"After that?" I shook my head quickly. "No. That's another thing that's been bothering me. I couldn't believe it either. He doesn't even know what she's been through."

"Even I don't know the details, but she's not. She's one of the sweetest girls I've ever met."

"Yeah," I nodded, smiling a little at her. "She is. I'm just frustrated."

"You haven't seen her in a few weeks. It's understandable."

"So you just came in to check on me?" I asked her.

"Yeah, and your mom thinks she left her bag at the airport. Then we were going to get something to eat."

"She would." I laughed. "So you want me to go?"

"Yeah. We're just going to meet the rest of the crew at the restaurant."

"Ok." I nodded, grabbing my phone off the side table. "I'll be back though before it get's too late so I can call Lauren?"

"I'm sure, and if not I'm sure we could let you chill in the car for a few minutes to talk to her."

"Ok."

___________________________________________________________________________________

"Mom, where could you have possibly left it? I know you had it with you. I saw it in your hand." I said, walking beside her as I kept my head ducked down low.

'I don't know, I might have sat it down or something."

I pulled my cap tightly over my face, walking through the airport as a few people stared.