H.O.H: The Missing Pieces:19:

Start from the beginning

"I hope you don't think I'm going to forgive him, because I'm definitely not. Not after that. Messing with me is one thing, but saying that about her is a completely different story." I growled, still clenching my fists at my side.

"He didn't mean it."

"I don't care. Clearly he's not my friend if he can't just let me be happy - I'm getting enough crap from everybody else."

"I know." Ryan said softly and sat beside me. "But I don't think that. She honestly loves you Justin."

"I know." I said softly too, sitting back and unclenched my fists. "I love her too."

"So everything is going to be alright, ok?"

"Ok." I nodded. "Thanks."

"Yup, and I'll talk to him."

"I'm not forgiving him Ryan."

"I'll still talk to him."

"If it makes you feel any better."

___________________________________________________________________________________

October 12th

Rio De Janero, Brazil:

I groaned, staring up at the ceiling and heard a knock on my door.

I got up, looking through the peep hole and saw Carin, so I opened the door.

"Hey." I said with a smile and let her in.

"Hey. Why haven't you been banging on my door? Or been messing with Scooter? What's wrong?"

"Eh, nothing really. I'm ok. Still have a lot on my mind I guess."

"Well you don't have anything to worry about anymore. You already took the test, she hasn't made any effort to."

"I know, but it's not just that. I just - I don't know." I shrugged, shoving my hands in my pockets and looked down at my shoes.

"What? Come on. You can talk to me."

"It'll just sound ridiculous." I mumbled.

"Try me." She said, sitting down on the edge of my hotel bed with her hands folded in her lap.

I leaned back against the wall, looking out the window for a moment as I tried to think of what to say.

"Ok, so I know you're pretty much with Scooter all the time. That has to be awesome for you guys, but - I guess I'm just in the dumps because I miss Lauren. She's touring, getting reading to start her movie and I'm here in Brazil. I haven't seen her in a while. I just miss her."

"That's sweet. You know she misses you too."

"I know, she was just kind of upset about it, and I completely understand. I just want her to be happy, and sometimes I just feel like being with me isn't making her happy."

"You know that's not true."

"But I don't." I shrugged. "She gets so much shit from everyone - about being with me. I don't understand why I can't be happy too. Why people feel as though saying things about her - and me - us in general. Don't they get that I cry about it? That she cries about it? That I know I can't do anything about it to help her? It's selfish of me to say it, but sometimes I'd rather be with her than here - or there. Does that make sense?" I asked, shifting on my feet

"Of course it does. I understand what you mean, and it's not all that selfish. I know you get upset, but you have to know that she loves you just as much as you love her, and being with you might be the only thing that keeps her going."