Chapter 1 -Psychological Evalution

** Warning: some may find this content disturbing.**

Otherwise, enjoy... :D

The psychologist tapped his fingers on the desk, thinking only of the new patient, a child who was currently sectioned off in their most secure unit.

Unit A was watched and guarded for twenty four hours a day which was something that they couldn't afford to loosen up on, which made him wonder what she was doing there.

The new patient was none other than Veronica Williams, the eight year old girl who had brutally and cold - heartedly stabbed both of her parents to death whilst they were asleep in their bed.

The police had found the weapon buried in the garden underneath a small flowerpot, which was just fifty yards from the crime scene itself.

He didn't know what it was, but even after ten years of working with the most psychotic serial killers, something about this particular crime still gave him the chills.

He remembered the day the case was first brought into court. No one had wanted to believe that the girl had been the killer, but circumstancial evidence had made it practically impossible to point the finger on anyone else.

On coming to the crime scene, the girl had been found lying asleep in her bed just several hours after the incident, when a relative who lived locally had knocked on the door and got no response, causing them to alert the police.

The little girl hadn't seemed bothered by any of the commotion, nor by the sight of her mutilated parents who lay dead in their bed which was disturbing to everyone.

What troubled him the most as a psychologist was the fact that they'd found no fingerprints on the weapon which meant that at just eight years old, Veronica Williams knew all about DNA and forensic evidence.

Which made her all the more deadly.

What also startled him was the fact that here had been no witnesses.

From what he'd gathered from the police reports, no one had recalled hearing the screams of her parents when they were murdered, which left him to wonder just how exactly the child had managed to silence them quite so effectively.

It was disturbing to say the least, and like he'd already thought, it gave him the chills just thinking about it.

But what scared him the most was that in half an hour he would have to give the child a psychological evalution which, providing on the outcome, would either benefit her or the prosecution when used in court.

As he watched the clock slowly tick the seconds away, he tried his best to contain his growing anxiety.

This evaluation was something that he really wasn't looking forward to.