so text Aust, he'll prob
be suuper happy

Yeah

_________________________

"It just feels so awkward sometimes, you know?"

I stare at mine and William's chat for a few seconds, scrolling through all of our texts. They somehow make me glad inside.

"Did the fever kill you already?"

I smile at Naia's comment, clicking on our call to let us see each other again. "Not yet," I say.

She rolls her eyes as I shiver, noticing the cold air again. She looks at me for a moment, then shakes her head a little. "You should really get some rest or you'll never be back at work. It's so lonely here without you, Elle."

I smile at her sentence, sneezing soon thereafter. "I will," I mumble, looking towards my front door. "I just have to walk Buster."

She furrows her brows, glancing carelessly between me and her computer. "Really? You know it's pouring rain outside, right?"

"I do," I say, grabbing my phone and getting ready to end our call. "But I have to take him out, Esther's been feeling even worse lately. My cold is nothing."

Naia sighs, shrugging lightly. "Fine, do what you want. But don't say I didn't warn you."

"Have fun at work," I smile, standing up. "Bye."

"Bye."

Ending our call, I leave my blanket on nearest armchair before walking towards the hallway and preparing myself for the cold winds outdoors.

I put my white rain jacket on, doing the same with my boots. The whole dressing process takes a few extra seconds thanks to my spinning head, though I'm soon out of my apartment.

After knocking on my neighbors door and talking a little to Esther, I bring her little brown dog into the stairwell. Letting him walking beside me down the stairs, I can soon see his pace increase. It doesn't take long until he's out of sight, though I decide to let him walk by himself as he'll be stuck at the last floor anyway.

I find him a few steps earlier, though he's not alone, as I was expecting. William's kneeling down in front of the little dog and I smile at the sight of them reuniting. It actually looks pretty similar to the first time they met, it's just that Willy's hair wasn't soaking wet the previous time.

If it wasn't for my talent for sneezing, I'm sure they'd be there for much longer. Buster runs straight to my legs as William stands up, just simply looking at me.

"I thought you'd go on your and Auston's date," I say, picking the little dog up.

William's laugh echoes through the walls, placing a small smile on my lips. "I.." He begins, catching my gaze. "I changed my mind, I guess. Hope you don't mind."

I pass him while continuing my way down the last few stairs, hearing his steps behind me not long thereafter. "I don't mind. Auston will though."

I hear him laugh again, this time a little more quiet and brief. He comes up to my side but stops as soon as the door leading out of the house if visible in front of us. "Wait, you're not actually going out, are you?"

I turn around, patting Buster while looking at William. "We are. He loves rain."

He takes a few steps towards me, looking straight into my eyes. "You're sick, right? I'm not letting you out there."

I sigh a little, not really getting why he's so stubborn in this. "I'm fine, and it'll only take a minute."

I let Buster down, ignoring the hopeless sigh from the boy in front of us.

"Are you coming with us?" I ask, catching his blue eyes.

He's not pleased at all, I can tell. It's nice of him to care about me, but it's not his place to make decisions about whether I'm too sick or not.

"Yeah," he finally breathes out, pulling a hand through his soaking brown hair.

I open the door leading out, the three of us freezing in our places after hearing the very loud raining sound. You can barely see anything forward thanks to all of the raindrops, everything's just gray.

"Are you sure I can't walk him on my own?" William ask for one last time.

I open my mouth to answer, though the little dog suddenly starts running forward. He stops in one of many puddles, rolling around in the water like it would be the best thing he knew. It probably is.

I smile, glancing briefly at William before stepping out of our shelter and joining Buster in the rain. I laugh as the little dog tries to drag me down with him, looking back at William to see his smirking face.

"You should really care more about your health!" He screams to be heard through the loud teardrops hitting the asphalt.

I roll my eyes playfully, looking defiantly at him before laying down in the water beside the little puppy.