4. Aftermath

Sara wakes in a dark alleyway behind a dumpster. As her vision clears, she examines her surroundings and brings herself to stand.

"What the fuck. Did they really discard me by a dumpster?" Sara whispers to herself.

She looks down at the tear in her shirt and touches the pink mark on her chest where she was impaled.

She missed my heart by a few centimeters.

"Awwww. She does still care," she says sarcastically to herself.

I told her I didn't want the Lazarus water, and she gave it to me anyways. Great. Now I have to deal with some of the symptoms again.

How am I meant to save her from this? The Nyssa I know is gone. The rest of her soul is probably in limbo or something. I wonder if Constantine could get the missing parts of her soul back. Would Nyssa's body reject the soul fragments because of the Lazarus water? I don't see how that would work. She has to be free of the water before the fragments can return.

So how the hell am I going to get Nyssa off that shit? The only thing I can think of is to put her in containment on the Waverider until her body is free of the Lazarus. Seems like a good plan except for one problem: How the hell am I going to get her there?

Sara walks out from the alley and looks around. She has no idea where she is. She checks her pocket for her phone and finds that the battery is dead.

She finds where people are talking to one another to determine the language.

Italian? Shit. I don't know much Italian. I understood like 2 of those words. I don't think I know the word for phone. Teléfono? No, that's Spanish, idiot. Spanish and Italian are kinda similar though, right? Maybe they'll understand?

Sara walks up to a dark-haired woman and points at her phone.

"Uh. Telefono....morto...uhhh shit I don't know the word for help."

The woman smiles. "Your phone's dead and you would like to use mine?" she asks.

"You speak English. So I made a fool out of myself for nothing."

"Not for nothing," she says. "It was cute," she says smiling.

Sara sighs.

"By the way, the word for help is aiuto. In case you need it."

"Thanks."

"Why are you here with a dead phone and little knowledge of the language? Tourist?"

"No. I actually have no idea where 'here' is. Where are we?"

"We're in Lugano, Switzerland. Why don't you know where you are? Are you okay?"

"I mean to sum things up, I was kinda unconscious and just left here with a dead phone so I'd give that a 3 out of ten. Could be worse."

"Oh yes. Pardon me. I forgot that you needed my cell phone," she says as she pulls her phone out. She unlocks it, brings up the dialer, and hands it to Sara. "No funny business. I'm watching you," she says as she walks a small distance away.

Thank god I memorized some phone numbers.

She dials Felicity's number and she answers.

"Sara? You're alive! That's great! We've had radio silence from you for hours. What happened?"

"I can't really talk about it right now," Sara says as she glances at the woman. "Can you call Gideon to come get me?"

"Yeah. I've got your coordinates."