1. The Call

"Hello?" Felicity answers her phone

"Felicity. I need your help," Roy begs in a hushed tone.

Felicity turns to her computer. "What's up?"

"Nyssa. She's unhinged. She took Thea and me. We're locked in a cage," he whispers.

"Oh my god. Hold on, I'm tracking your phone."

"Hurry. They're coming ba—" he cuts out.

"Roy! Roy? Shit. They? Who's they?" The call is dropped.

Felicity taps on her computer to finds where they are.

~A week later~

"We can't beat her this way..." Laurel says to Dinah.

"It's like our screams pass right through her."

"It's that damn water. It makes her invincible." Renee says, frustrated.

"She's been bathing in it constantly. There's only one other thing I can think to do," Felicity says through the coms.

"I'll take anything at this point," Renee says.

"Fall back. We have to call Sara."

"What? Why?" Laurel asks.

"Because Sara is the only person Nyssa has ever cared about. She's our hope in getting through to her," Felicity says. "She's too far gone for us to fight her. It's time to call in the big guns. And I don't mean Sara's arms, although those should be considered guns."

~20 minutes later~

"You're so cute," Ava says.

"Call me cute again, Sharpe, and there will be consequences," Sara says as she turns around from looking in the mirror.

"Why would there be consequences for telling the truth?"

"Ugh. You love to push my buttons."

"Those aren't the only buttons I like to push," Ava says smirking and leaning in for a kiss.

"I see why your last name is "sharp," she says before kissing her.

Their shared moment of bliss is interrupted by Sara's cellphone.

Ava pulls away. "Dammit."

Sara looks at the phone. "Felicity?" she says as she answers the call.

"Hi, Sara. Long time no see. I mean I don't see you right now but you know what I mean. We have an issue here that we can't deal with. I think you are our best hope here."

"Um, I can send a couple of the Legends over to help."

"No, I mean, you, Sara, are our best hope. It's Nyssa."

Sara's expression hardens as she glances at Ava. "What about her?"

"Well, the cliff notes version of the story would be: there are other Lazarus Pits out there and Nyssa was tricked into using one and now she's addicted to using it and she's the new Ra's of this new League and we can't stop her."

"Oh my god. And you think I can? We haven't seen each other in years."

"You're the only person she has ever cared about and you know it, Sara. I know you're with that time lady now but can you just talk to her? Maybe it will snap her out of this."

Sara clenches her jaw and exhales. "Yeah fine, I'll go. Send me the coordinates."

"I already sent them. Thank you, Sara."

"Don't thank me just yet. I might not even be able to do anything."

"Thanks for trying then."

"Yeah, no problem," Sara says as she hangs up the phone.

"Where are you going?" Ava asks.

"I have to do something that you won't like..."

"What would that be?" Ava asks as she raises her brows.

"I have to go talk down my ex from being addicted to a soul-sucking pit of mystical water."

"What? I thought the Lazarus Pit was destroyed after you were resurrected."

"Yeah. She destroyed it after she saw what I became. But there are other Pits. Somehow she got addicted to one and I think I'm the only one who has a chance at talking her down."

"Wait, the records say that Nyssa al Ghul destroyed the Pit. You and the Daughter of the Demon were..?"

"Yeah...I thought you knew that?"

"No. Your records don't really talk about your—," she clears her throat, "—romantic entanglements."

"Right...well yeah. Um, well as you know, she was raised as an assassin. She had no friends or any touch with emotion until I taught her," Sara sighs. "I think I'm the only person she has ever cared about. I'm the only one that can remind her of herself. She's not evil, she's just...dismantled. She never wanted to be like her father. She never wanted to be immortalized by the Pit. She avoided it at all costs so I know that whoever I'm about to meet is not her. Just because I stopped loving her doesn't mean I stopped caring about her. I need to save her," she says.

Ava sighs. "Dammit. I love that you're so caring, but I also sometimes hate it."

"I know this is awkward. Trust me, it's going to be even more awkward for me. But you have to trust me ok? I might have to say things to her I don't mean and bring up our past together but you have to trust me that I don't mean any of it."

"Should I come with you?"

Sara packs her bag. "I don't think that's a good idea. I don't want there to be anything that could make her angry. I need her trust, just like I need yours."

Ava sighs. "You're right. It's not that I don't trust you it's just..."

"You know that I've cheated before...It all makes sense now," Sara says as she turns to Ava. "Look, that was young me, ok. I was stupid, weak, naive, and did I mention stupid? I was a completely different person back then and I would never do that to you, ok?"

"Wait, you've cheated before?"

"Oh shit. Look, we can talk about my adolescent idiocy some other time, because I gotta go save a woman from losing her soul."

Ava clenches her jaw then let's put a sigh. "You are so lucky you're cute," she says trying to lighten the mood.

"Consequences, Sharpe," she says slightly annoyed, "I love you. I'll be back before you know it," she says as she kisses Ava goodbye.

"Love you, too," Ava says as she turns and walks away.