So after writing Hope a note telling her she had gone to get some food (in the unlikely case she awoke before Faith returned), she ventured out of the room – all alone. A thrill rushed through Faith as she finally felt a little bit of freedom. She was probably being scrutinised under the watchful eye of security cameras, but at that moment Faith just didn't care. She always thrived under solitude.

Unfortunately, she didn't find anything that exciting – just a couple more guest bedrooms, a cleaning cupboard, bathrooms, and the grand hall where her journey began. She flittered around in the doorway; not believing it was only a week ago she arrived. Minus the couple of incidents at the start and Hope incessantly begging to be told the truth, her time here hadn't been too bad. Of course she missed the outside world to a degree, especially nature, but she was happy hidden away. Here she felt no pressure to be something she wasn't, and most importantly, she felt safe and contented – rather like being on holiday. Whether this feeling would fade, Faith was yet to know. The thought did cross her mind to examine the wall again and try to find the latch to the secret doorway, but something inside her stopped her from doing so. She tried to convince herself that it was because she knew William would eventually find her, and she had no idea where she would escape to.

Eventually Faith released a sigh and decided to get some food from the kitchen to aid her grumbling stomach. Of course, it was a very basic kitchen since vampires don't need to eat as humans do, but Florence thoughtfully made sure the kitchen was stocked up when Faith and Hope arrived. Faith was just turning a corner when she encountered an elegant older lady. She immediately froze in shock and fear, wondering if she was a vampire and if she would attack her. Also she was only in her pyjamas and dressing gown...

"Oh hello, are you Faith?" The lady asked with a kind smile.

"Erm y-yes." Faith stuttered, feeling cautious.

"It's lovely to meet you sweetheart; I'm Jane, William's mother." She explained, offering a perfectly manicured hand to Faith.

"Oh my... it's lovely to meet you too!" Faith exclaimed, cheeks red as she was embarrassed by her appearance.

Faith quickly realised that not only was this her friend's mother, but also the Queen! She shook her hand politely and then curtsied, making Queen Jane giggle. Katherine was the spitting image of her mother, hardly a difference between them apart from the wide smile the Queen boasted, and more defined lines around her eyes. She was certainly beautiful even though she was older, and she had a motherly glow about her. You could see Florence's nose and complexion in her, as well as William and John's eyes, but Faith knew they got the rest of their looks from their father, who was her boss. Well, if she still had a job after everything that had happened!

"I understand you are here under... trying circumstances, but I hope my children have been treating you right."

"Yes they have been lovely." Faith agreed.

Unfortunately, at that precise moment her stomach decided to rumble, causing the Queen to laugh good-naturedly.

"Follow me dear, I'll take you to the kitchen." She chuckled as she held out her arm for Faith's to link with. "You know, I'm so excited to finally meet the girl who's got my son acting crazy! William all but forbade me to come and talk to you last week, but while he's at his meeting I thought I would come and sneak a peak."

"Oh, well it is lovely to meet you."

"You know, I remember when I was young and beautiful like you, and first met William's father – Benedetto. Mind you, we didn't have the best meeting; he attacked me and started drinking from me." Faith stopped short, horrified. "Oh, but don't worry dear, as soon as he tasted my blood he realised I was his 'One', and let me go. It was very different times back then! Of course, I was traumatised and it took two whole years before I allowed us to become mated, which was when he turned me into a vampire. I can't believe that was just under four hundred years ago... anyway, it all turned out ok and as you know we have four wonderful children."

"You're four hundred years old?" Faith gasped as they entered into the kitchen.

"Four hundred and eleven actually. Benedetto is actually Italian as you know, but when he found me he moved over here to England and started this coven, which is how we became King and Queen." Faith simply nodded in response as she got some bread out of the wicker basket. "You know Faith; I understand how difficult it must be for you to be here... I understand completely, but William has alerted me to his plans and soon you will be back to your life." The Queen smiled kindly.

However, Faith felt unsettled – of course she missed the outside world – especially nature, but she had quickly become used to her time underground. Especially with the library and wholesome company and not wanting for anything. Returning to her ordinary life... she wasn't sure that was what she wanted anymore. She didn't want to forget everyone. She had changed; became a stronger person.

With a heavy heart, she realised that the real world sounded like the fairy tale now.

A bit of a filler, but now you've met all of William's family! xoxo

Edited