Chapter Four

"Elena, what have they done to you?" I awake to a voice. The man holds a sad expression. I struggle out of the chair I'm tied too. "Elena I'll get you out of here."

"Wait! Who-who are you?" Tears well in my eyes. I feel like I have hurt this person.

"Stefan." He says, obviously confused. "Elena do you remember me?"

I purse my lips and try to think, but I get nothing. "No." I say. "Elena? Is that my name?"

He sighs sadly. "Yes."

"I do remember a feeling I get around you though.." I say. His eyes light up. "Sad. Always so sad.. Sad for you."

His face drops. "Oh." He shakes it off quickly. "Let's get you out of here quickly before anyone comes."

He starts trying to rip off the enhanced ropes off of me, when another man barges in.

I lock eye contact with him immediately and I can't look away. There is something about him... "Elena." He says breathlessly, running over to me.

I want to say something back to him but I can't find the words. I turn to Stefan and ask, "Am I supposed to know him?"

Stefan opens his mouth to say something but the other man beats him too it.

"What the hell are we doing conversing?! Lets get you off this thing!" He booms. He rips off the ropes with his teeth until Its all gone, and I can breathe right again.

I sit up right away, and roll off of the chair, hitting the floor with a thud. The nameless man is the first to run to me, kneeling down in front of me, as I rub my head.

"Elena, look at me." He tilts my chin up, and I look at him. I get this odd familiar feeling that I can't put my finger on. "What can you remember?"

Images flood through my mind. The needles and knives coming down at me from the crazy scientists. The pain. When they tried to discover why vervain affected vampires.. vampires.. "Vampires? Tests on us?" I spit out. "Am I a vampire?" I ask quickly.

"Yes. You are." He purses his lips. He stares at me sadly and I stare right back. He lightly brushes my cheek and I lean into his touch.

I close my eyes and relax... then it hits me. "Damon!" I gasp, pulling him to me by his shirt and kissing him, my mouth open. I laugh into the kiss. "Damon, Damon, Damon!" I say giddily. I practically tackle him when I throw my arms around him to hug him, then begin crying into his shoulder.

"Guys, we should probably go before any of those scientists return." I almost forgot Stefan was here.

I wipe my tears away with the back of my hand and sniff. "Yeah."

-------------------------

I still can't remember a lot. I know I have some friends, a brother and two parent like figures but I can't remember faces or names. It frustrates me a lot.

Apparently I used Stefan to hide my feelings for Damon. It was so stupid. I feel like a new person.. I mean I technically am. Most of my old memories have died but Damon, Stefan and the gang are working on getting them back. Meanwhile, I am feeling a little crazy. Like I'm on top of the world. I don't want to talk or socialize with anyone. I just want to run in front of trains, and jump up just before I'm hit. I want to jump off of buildings to get the adrenaline rush. I wanna feel wild and free.

So I'm going to start now.

_________________________________

Most ginormous apologies for taking forevers to update!! As you know it's school season and I've been super busy with the drama and the immediate work we're being suffocated with. Straight A's is my goal this year!!!

So anyways thanks for reading and updates should start coming at regular time!!!! :)