Chapter Two

Oh my god. The thought races through my head when I look at Damon lying peacefully next to me. A gasp escapes my lip and I throw my palm to my forehead.

I pull out my phone and check the time. 8:00a.m.

He turns to me, grinning. "Morning." I bite my lip and look at him. "What? Is 8:00a.m. still to early?" He jokes referring to the time when he woke me up at 6:00a.m. and I was not happy.

"This wasn't supposed to happen like this." I say.

"What?" He asks, obviously confused.

I let out a sigh and speak frantically. "I was not supposed to do this last night Damon. I was supposed to yell at you then leave." I groan.

"Well I think the ship for what we're supposed to do has long sailed." He raises his eyebrows while staring at me and I bite my lip because I know he's right. We stare at each other for a few moments, just face to face, both our heads rested turned on our side. I snap out of the trance, and let out a sigh as I turn my head to stare at the wall. He soon follows. "If it's worth anything, I'm sorry."

I fight a smile coming on because I'm still supposed to be angry with him. "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

He sits up and winks at me. He stands up and slides off the bed. I gaze at his back and the muscles contracting. I watch as he throws on his black t-shirt from last night. I watch the muscles in his arm and I am lost in his beauty. He turns his eye contact to me staring. I look away and turn to lay on my back, staring at the ceiling.

He comes over to sit on the bed again. He slowly lies down with his arm crossed behind his head. I feel my anger fade a little as I stare up at his face, and he looks so vulnerable like a little puppy. "Why don't you let people see the good in you?" I ask before thinking.

"I don't do good. It's not in me." He says bluntly, taking a sip of his beer.

"Yes it is." I say. "I've seen it."

He turns to stare at me, his eyes hard and his eyebrows furrowed. I return his gaze and I am lost in his eyes again.

____________________________

Hi guys it's alltimemily_! Don't worry this is NOT the end of this chapter, I wouldn't do that to you all. I just wanted to quickly mention that the above scene ^^ was obviously based off an actual Delena scene from the tv show. Also I would like to throw in, that in this story Alaric will be alive. I mean Damon needs a drinking buddy like damn. And Elena needs someone to look up to. And Alaric is just one great character and tvd is never the same without him.

Okay continue reading ^.^

________________________

<Damon's POV>

"She can see right through everything I do. She wants to know everything you know. She has these eyes, and I-I can't let her down when she looks at me with those eyes. But all I know is letting people down." I take a swig of beer and wait for Alaric's response.

"It looks like you're being a dick again." He raises his glass to me and raises his eyebrows.

"Me? A dick? Never." I take another gulp.

"You've changed over the years you've been with her, and you know it. All you have to do now is start admitting everything. That's what she really wants. She wants to know who you are. And she wants you to know it too." He takes another swig and I ponder his words for a moment, eyebrows furrowed as realization washes over me.

_______________________________

<Elena's POV>

I sit on the bed in the safe house for a while. I stare at the dusty old wood floors, and the peeling wallpaper on the wooden walls. I let out a long sigh and stare at the ceiling, imagining that I can see stars and outer space. I feel like I have escaped my life and I am nowhere but everywhere.

A loud pounding on the door snaps me out of it. I sit up fast as I hear a crash from outside of the bedroom I'm in. "Oh my god." I whisper to myself hoarsely. The pounding grows stronger, until another crash sounds the room. I nearly jump out of my skin at the amount of footsteps I can hear. I can also hear a blur of voices but can't make out the words.

I can't just leave the room and face whatever is out there. It could be the witches.

I clutch the comforter on the bed and tune in to the footsteps and where they are headed.. to me.

My door slams open and I am so shocked that I fall out of my bed. I hit the ground with a loud thud and curse to myself.

"Elena.." A male voice says. I know this voice, and the way he said it doesn't really strike me that he just came to hang out and discuss school.

I try not to breathe too loudly. I can smell who is here. One werewolf and a lot of witches. I have no chance here.

A heavy, sharp pain hits me on the back of my head, and glass shatters around my face. My head is firery hot with hissing pain and my head throbs. Before I can process what just happened or fight back a slight pain pinches my neck = a needle.

My vision blurs until everything goes completely dark.