Chapter Three

You hurry out the TARDIS and saw your hometown. It was still perfect, not destroyed. You walk closer to the Doctor who appeared to be reading an old newspaper.

"No, no, no, no, no!" The Doctor shouted as you jump.

"What's the matter?" You asked.

"Look at this date! We're in the wrong year!" The Doctor said annoyed.

You notice a young boy, in a strange outfit, holding an old raggedy soccer ball.

"Lad, what's the full date today?" You ask as you slowly cover your sprained arm.

"April 2nd, 1944," the boy said as he gave you a queer look.

"1944? 1944? You said we were going 20 minutes pass noon, not  four whole decades!" You hissed loudly at the Doctor.

"The TARDIS must have had a misfunction," the Doctor replied as he looked up into the sky and made a sniffing sound with his nose.

"What are you doing?" You ask.

"Hmm... Funny, it doesn't smell like 1944," the Doctor said as the boy was looking more and more confused.

"Excuse me, but is there any big events going on today?" the Doctor asks the boy.

"As in the Queen giving her speech?" the boy replied.

"Does he mean as in Queen Elizabeth? That is so cool!" You shrieked.

"No,no, no! This can't be happening!".the Doctor said as he took off running. You had no choice but to follow him.