Chapter Thirty Six: Knogra Knows Everything!

Toido arrived back at the town, he landed the Wagon on the outskirts and hid it under some bush camouflage. He Carefully sneaked from behind the trees, constantly looking around him.

With his antennae broken he was having trouble using his life form scanners. It was very difficult but Toido would have to rely on his eyes to see if the Grotesques had left the area.

He ran behind a large rock and then a bush, when he reached the grassy plain before the town he got down on all fours and crawled slow and silent until he reached a lamp post. He jumped up fast and hid behind it. Toido stood very still while at the same time getting a good look at the town for any signs of Reegan.

Toido had done his best to not be spotted but suddenly there was the sound of one of the doors of a nearby house swinging open. He stood silent and afraid of what might be lurking around.

Someone shouted from behind the door.

"Toido get in here I want you to meet someone!" He looked up to see that it was Reegan who was shouting. Toido was relieved to see Reegan was safe, he had one last look around before he casually walked over.

"This is Knogra she was the one who raised the freedom fighters," He explained. She offered Toido some tea. Toido noticed that this was a very ancient looking Tigris woman, he began to question why Reegan was sitting here drinking tea with her.

"Knogra knows a lot!" Reegan exclaimed, Knogra cackled at this joke.

"She's done more to help me fill in the gaps than anyone else on this planet. We just finished an interview for the show and there's one last thing we have to check out," Reegan explained to Toido. After they sat and drank some tea by a warm fire place Toido took note of the different paintings on the wall, portraits of young Tigris warriors. He recognized them as the freedom fighters he watched return with Queen TyrAnna before he slipped off to find Reegan in the Wagon. This was a large house and must have served as some form of base of operations for the freedom fighters.

"Toido I got the camera equipment on the table in the kitchen, Im gonna need your help filming in a bit. . . . I scoped out an epic filming location you gotta see it oh man!" Reegan explained. "Can we go back there now?" Reegan asked Knogra and she nodded.

Toido finished his tea, collected the camera and followed Reegan and Knogra outside.

They left town and walked up a hill in the forest, Knogra was leading them off the path.

"The Queen of the Tigris people keeps much knowledge hidden from you. If she knew . . . . She would not permit me to show you this!" Knogra said.

She led them to a large dead tree trunk in front of some very thick bushes at the top of the hill. The trees and leaves were very dense it appeared the only way inside was through a hole at the bottom of the trunk which is where Knogra had led them.

They walked through a musty and damp tunnel down to a hidden grassy valley. It appeared to be a sort of crater at the top of the hill that was covered by a canopy of leaves that the trees surrounding the perimeter had offered. Toido turned his attention to several huts near an obstacle course and some weight training equipment. He surmised this must have been a training ground for the freedom fighters.

Reegan's eyes glanced over to the centre of this small valley where there was standing a very well preserved set of ancient ruins.

"At first I thought this reminded me of Stonehenge on Earth, but then I noticed how the stones are positioned in a spiral arm pattern, representing the Galaxy," Reegan said. Toido looked at Reegan and saw he was filming again but then he looked closer at the the ruins and smiled at Reegan. He could see a resemblance to something of major significance.