{28} I Knew It

3rd Person POV

The light turned green and Liz glances up from her phone. Hearing the horns blaring behind them, Liz pointed out, "Dad, the light." 

"We wouldn't want to be late, don't we?" Isabella commented and tilted her head at the rearview mirror

Isabella and Peter kept their hands attached and she laid her head on his shoulder. 

Toomes pulls up in front of the school and spoke, "Here we are. End of the line." 

Parking the car, the kids in the backseat removed their seatbelts, "Thanks, Dad." Liz said to him 

Toomes responded, "You head in there with Isabella, gumdrop. I'm just gonna give Peter the 'Dad' talk."  

"You don't have to do that, sir." Isabella told him and Toomes clears his throat, "Don't worry, Bella, I'm just looking out for my daughter's best friend." 

"Sure you are." Isabella sarcastically mumbles and Liz told Peter, "Don't let him intimate you." 

"Love you." She kissed her father's cheek and Isabella looked at Peter, kissing his cheek, "I'll see you inside, okay?" 

"Yeah, I'll be okay." Peter said to Isabella letting go of her hand 

"Love you gumdrop." Toomes replied and Liz said before getting out of the car, "Have a safe flight." 

"Yeah, thank you, sir." Isabella smiles at the rearview mirror. "You should be careful, you know? You never know what's gonna happen." 

"I'm not the one who should be careful." Toomes replied, "Have a nice time at the dance. Take care of Liz for me." 

"Have a nice night, sir." Isabella nods her head and glanced at Peter for one last time before getting out of the car. Peter secretly drops his phone and left it on the ground. 

Isabella and Liz attached their arms together and started laughing as they saw their group of friends in their dresses.

"You girls look so pretty!!" Liz cheered and taking snap videos of them 

In the car, Toomes got out his gun from the glove compartment and turned around facing Peter, "Do they know?" 

"Know what?" Peter questioned and Toomes responded, "So they don't. Good. Close to the vest. I admire that. I've got a few secrets of my own. Peter, nothing is more important than family. You saved my daughter's life. I could never forget something like that. So, I'm gonna give you one more chance. Are you ready?" 

Toomes continued, "You walk through those doors, you forget any of this happened, and don't you ever, ever, interfere with my business again. 'Cause if you do, I'll kill you. I'll kill you and everybody you love. Starting with that Bella of yours, she just doesn't know when to mind her business." 

"Leave Bella out of this. She doesn't know anything." Peter determinedly said 

Toomes replied, "I saw her spying through the files in my office. I guess she's trying to piece together what her real father is really doing." 

"Wh-What are you talking about?" Peter questioned and Toomes scoffed, "The boyfriend doesn't know? She must really not trust you, Pete." 

"That's where you're wrong." Peter said back 

 Toomes spoke, "It won't matter anyway. I'll kill you dead. That's what I'll do to protect my family, Pete. Do you understand?" 

He continues, "Hey, I just saved your life. Now, what do you say?"