Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Emily and I get off work and Hector is there to pick us up. We head back to her house and she helps me get my things packed up and ready to go. We are having a glass of wine when Miguel and Nestor walk in the door. I stand and Nestor walks over and crashes his lips with mine and leaves me breathless. I look into his eyes and see something isn't right. "Are you ready mi reina?" he asks. "Yeah baby. I'm all packed." I tell him. "So you're moving in with Nestor?" Miguel asks smirking. "Don't act like you didn't see this coming." I tell him laughing. "I'm happy for you Dar." he tells me. I hug him and Emily both. "Thank you guys. For everything." I tell them. "You're familia. Anything you need." Miguel tells me and I nod. "That goes both ways." I tell him and he nods. We see ourselves out and head to Nestor's house...or our house now.

Walking in, we get my things unpacked and we sit down. He has a glass of scotch and I have a glass of wine. "Are you okay Nestor?" I ask. "Yeah baby." he says and I move to sit up, pulling out of his arms. "Talk to me. You aren't having second thoughts are you?" I ask. "What? No." He tells me, pulling me back into his arms. "Just trying to figure something out." he tells me. I move to straddle him and say "Talk to me. Let me help you." I say. "You know I want to marry you right?" he asks and I nod. "I want that too." I tell him and he smiles. "You know I want a family." he says. "I do too. Where are you going with this Nestor?" I ask. "I've spoken to you about Adelita right?" he asks and I nod. "We're taking down her camp. But there are kids there." he tells me. "But didn't those kids help kidnap Cristobal?" I ask. "They did but there's one there, she's a little girl, about nine or ten. I think Adelita calls her Mouse. She's always yelling at the girl and she was the one that got word to the club that Adelita was the one that had Miguel's son." he tells me. "So, when you take down the camp, save her. I can have Emily draw up adoption papers and we can adopt her. Of course we would need to get married for both of us to be listed on the papers so we would need a marriage license too..." I ramble and he cuts me off with a kiss. When we separate, he says "You would be willing to do this for me?" he asks. I look at him like he has three heads. "Why wouldn't I? I love you. You love me. You already told me that you wanted to marry me and have a family with me. I want that with you too so we get married and we adopt our kid." I tell him and he smiles wide before crashing his lips with mine. We separate and I say "Oh shit. We need to get the spare room set up for her. I need to call Em and get this started." I tell him as I go to get off his lap but he stops me. I look at him and he says "I love you." I smirk and say "I know." before getting off his lap to make my phone calls.

The next morning, Emily and I walk in the door and there are some of the guys carrying new furniture for Mouse's room. Adoption papers have been drawn up and the marriage license is ready to go and we have a judge on call. "Now all we have to do is wait." I tell Emily. We spend a little time playing with Cristobal before we see the front door open. Miguel walks in with the judge and a little girl with Nestor following. Nestor walks her over and says "Mouse, Bebita, this is Daria. She's the one I told you about." She looks at me and asks "Are you going to be my Mami?" I smile and ask "That okay with you?" I ask and she nods her head yes. "Can I hug you?" I ask and she nods. I open my arms and she walks right into them and I can't help the tears that fall. When we pull back I say "Your Papi and I have to get married first and then we'll sign the papers. You want to stand with me when I marry him?" I ask and she nods her head yes. The judge steps forward and we start saying our vows. We exchange rings I didn't know Nestor had and then we are pronounced man and wife. After that we sign the papers and we are now Daria and Mouse Oceteva. Miguel and Emily see themselves out and we spend the rest of the evening getting to know our daughter before tucking her in and then he officially claims me as his wife.