CHAPTER 15. SAVE YOUR TEARS

Start from the beginning

"Embarrassed?" He laughed, shaking his head.

"Yeah, embarrassed. Why are you making me blush so much, uh?" I tried to slap his shoulder, but he stepped back, avoiding it.

"You're blushing, uh? I love that, darling." He stroked my cheeks ever so gently. Darling? Did he actually call me that? Fucking calm down, Shraddha.

"I love when you call me darling." I got a little more serious but, held my goofy smile across my lips. You're so fucking ridiculous.

"You're my darling, aren't you?" He said teasingly, wrapping his arms around my neck and bringing me closer, his plump lips brushing against mine.

I pulled him into a kiss. It was soft and full of passion as his fingers glided across my back, only adding to the butterflies in my stomach. I shivered at the warmth and the sweet taste of his lips lingering far after we'd pulled away. I was in heaven, it seemed like I was flying in the air everytime Dhairya kissed me.

It had been so long since I had felt this way about a man. It had been exactly 2 years and maybe a half, I didn't remember much, but still it'd been a while.

To be honest, I'd never really got over my break up with Aditya. This period of my life had broken me so much. I'd never quite managed to forget about this and move on, and maybe start something else with another man. It truly left me in a slight trauma. But, this time, I felt it deep down, Dhairya was the one. He was the one, a real kind guy at heart who was never going to hurt me in any way.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked lowly, resting my forehead against his.

"Anything you want," He pressed a gentle kiss on my lips, before locking his eyes with mine again, waiting for me to continue speaking.

"Uh..." I opened my mouth, but nothing came out, still not at all sure of the right way I should formulate all those ideas rushing through my mind. "You know last night?"

"Yes..." He nodded along with my words, his face completely stoic.

"I don't know about you, but the night we'd shared together is something really sacred and intimate for me. I'm not someone who fuck around, I am really not like that, right? I like you a lot, Dhairya. And, I mean it when I say that." He seemed to be hung on my every word. "I don't wanna start a fling, 'a not so serious relationship', or anything. I wanna something solid, strong, steady, you know what I mean?" He didn't say anything, he simply cupped my cheeks and looked me straight into the eyes. What is he gonna tell me? He looks so serious.

"Listen to me, I'll never hurt you. I'll always protect you and make you happy. You're so precious to me." I melt away at his sincerity. He'd told me exactly what I wanted to hear from a man for so long now. "I have feelings for you, Shraddha. And, I want to start a steady, strong and solid relationship with you, okay?" I giggled at his attempt to be playful or something, echoing my words from earlier. This man. He's so perfect.

My face flushed the deepest red, but this time I decided to ignore it. I felt so good with Dhairya, little futile things didn't matter to me anymore. I titled my head to the side a little, before his sweet honey-like taste lips put on mine. That sensation, gosh. My lips began to move in perfect sync, slowly. He exhaled a small breath through his nose, not wanting to let go. My hands moved from his cheeks to the back of his head, fingers tangling in his hair. His fingers lightly pulled me into him, adding more pressure to my lips, deepening the kiss.

But I quickly broke the kiss, causing his eyes to narrow in confusion as I began to notice the familiar scent of smoke coming from the stove.

"Oh my... I think your pancakes are burning!" I exclaimed, uncontrollably letting out a chuckle.