"If you think we've never gotten mad then you clearly haven't witnessed your dad scolding him and threatening him everytime you'd have a scratch. But it was no use. You don't really fight like a girl, darling." She looks at me with a knowing look and I just shrug, not denying it. "You broke his bones as well, made him bleed and embarassed him. You were no better. Eventually we just let you kids be. You never came home and complained about him."

"True." I say.

"Besides, he's a good kid. He would always, and I mean always come and apologize if he hurt you in any way. He didn't do it in front of you, of course, that would be a bruise to his ego, but he did feel bad, every time." She says and I spin to face her with a raised eyebrow.

"Why are you telling me this now?" I ask, completely shocked by this information. Maybe our fights would be stopped a long time ago if I knew he felt bad.

"I did. But you ignored it and thought I was just saying that because I'm friends with his mom."

"Oh." I giggle. "Sorry."

"It's okay. I'm glad you two are sorting things out. Better than I thought." She bumps my shoulder and I roll my eyes.

"I'm done." I stand up and she laughs. "I'm gonna go get my stuff now."

"Say hi from me." My mom sings and I exit with a groan. If there's one thing I wanted to avoid, it's these embarassing moments and teasing.

I hate driving. For some reason, it never felt natural to me and everytime I have to drive, it is simply because there is no one else to give me a ride or because I am the designated driver. I avoid being in the driver's seat at all costs. It annoys me to have to look around and constantly pay attention to the car movement. I prefer looking out the window or having a nap while driving. So by the time I park in Wes's driveay, I'm frustrated by the car and can't wait to get out.

The house seems empty when I enter and all the lights are turned off. That's why I literally jump when the light on the stairs flicks on and Wes shows up leaning on the wall. A muffled scream is heard from my lips and I crouch down.

"You- Don't do that." I clutch my heart, still feeling the shockwave.

"You're not in a horror movie, Katherine." Wes slowly drags himself down the stairs. "I told you nobody's going to be home."

"Yeah, well, I forgot about that." I stand up and take a breath, examining Wes as he approaches me. His eyes slowly fall down my figure and he slaps my ass as he walks past me and into his kitchen. I roll my eyes at him before I take off my jacket and hang it next to the front door before stepping into the kitchen as well.

"You hungry?" Wes asks, taking two tall glasses out of the cabinet. I shake my head and lean on one of the counters.

"I think I just ate the whole Chick-fil-A menu." I look down at my belly, wondering just how many food I stuffed into myself.

"You could've brought some." He mutters and fills the two glasses with water.

"Yeah, right." I scoff. "Jasper begged and I didn't even give him a bite."

"Can I have a bite?" He says and looks me up and down. I straighten up and glare at him, taking one of the glasses with force. I down the liquid quickly.